Sainsbury's Hoddesdon

Got a delivery tomorrow to Sainsbury’s Hoddesdon. Dont know the address yet but according to a swift Google there is a warehouse at Pindar Road and a new one in Rye Park.

Booked in for 10 am, are they any good for tipping or will I be there all day?

TIA

Calv

Hi Calv,

If its Pindar Road prepare yourself for a long long wait!! try and get there early cos if u dont and ur 30 mins over they will turn u round!!

New Rye Park is a little better, its all automated so if its all working then the turn around is quite quick, make sure your stuff is on Blue Cheps and they arent damaged cos if they are they make you restack it!!

They have a coffee machine as well!!

Hope this helps!!

Ben :smiley:

I delivered to Sainsbury in Basingstoke two days running once, The first day they told me the load needed restacking and i told them eiither you do it or it goes back, after an hour of me refusing they did it. Next day was the same and i told them the same thing, they did the work, If they really need the stuff they will unload it, if not take it back it’s not your problem, you are the driver not a labourer. :sunglasses:

Pat , I did sainsburys basingstoke last month 1st day 3hr wait 2nd day, 1hr then told them unless they tip me in next 30 mins i was off , 30 mins past no tip so back to office said can I have me paperwork cos im off, she protested that I wopuld be tipped next , i told her to late , got paper work & returned to depot , took same load back next day & was tipped pallets back on paperwork & was off site in under an hour, goes to prove …!! :wink:

Thanks for the replies. I survived the experience!

It was Pindar Road (ye gods - what a tip) Arrived at 09:40 and booked in. Told by security guard to park and wait in the cab. One truck (7.5t) on the bay and I was next :smiley: who pulled off after about 5 minutes. I walked over to the bay and was asked if I had taken the notes in to the office. (Why dont the security bods mention this little task?) Took paperwork in, backed on the bay and was unloaded before I had finished reading the paper :smiley:

Not too bad for me, but it is a very restricted site and they can only tip one at a time.

Other little task today was back to Coventry and pick up 2 workbenches from the Massey Ferguson plant for a customer who had bought them in the closing down sale.

The bulldozers will soon move in and yet more of Britains industry is no more :cry: Still it keeps us lot busy shipping the goods around

Calv

These places like to make drivers think they hold total power over you but if you stand up for yourselves they soon give in. :laughing: