Sainsburys Haydock

Anyone know what its like in there esp for agency drivers?

Not this place, but I know that Sainsburys command a high level of driving and they dont like it if you have points on your licence.

I have applied for a post @ Basingstoke and from what I have heard the process is both written and practical tests
Driving and driver must be of a high standard cos if you arnt, Dont expect to go back there, even if you are working for an agencey

LASHHGV:
Anyone know what its like in there esp for agency drivers?

I’ve worked their a lot. They are H&S mad. You need about 15 minutes from parking your car to ‘clocking in’, you will use a clock card and you will sign in at security and follow the yellow footpaths. You will check your load is secure before you leave, you will sign your name approx six times before you even get a load out the gate. You will be deducted 45 minutes pay per day for a ‘break’, take it in any layby you like !! You will not touch a pallet as they do not train you to ‘handle them’, the staff does this. Even for pallets of rubbish. You will be assessed prior to being offered a start there, even as agency, and ‘inducted’. The induction will show you where all the fire exits are and then you will be told you are not allowed into the building ! And in my experience five shifts there takes six days. I.E you start about 3am Monday morning and wittle your way later and later to a 3 pm start on a Friday. So you can wake up Saturday teatime feeling refreshed and get your self off to bed early on a Sunday in time for your early Monday start. Its like Marmite.

Thanks Mike it would only be as a stop gap for sundays till work get better at somerfield. I here they pay £9 straight thru during the week im not working o/t for nothing.
thanks again.

i hear now that Somerfield has been sold to Asda!

Where was that. I think they have monopoly issues.

one of their drivers at lea green

Somerfield has been or in the process of being Auctioned off by Citi Group inc, an American firm.
Won’t be told untill April because the Competition Commission is looking at it.
Rumour has it the ASDA is the favourite because its after all the service stations that we deliver too. But Marks and spencer and Co-op and all the others are looking at Somerfield too. :slight_smile: .

ladybird48:
Somerfield has been or in the process of being Auctioned off by Citi Group inc, an American firm.
Won’t be told untill April because the Competition Commission is looking at it.
Rumour has it the ASDA is the favourite because its after all the service stations that we deliver too. But Marks and spencer and Co-op and all the others are looking at Somerfield too. :slight_smile: .

I thought your name seened familiar. Are you about 5’3’', 15 stone and have a number two on jet black hair?..oh, and an earing i think?!!

You have a lovely way with words? :sunglasses: Ha! Ha!

ladybird48:
You have a lovely way with words? :sunglasses:

I just knew it was you !! Hiya babe, and no more beating me at the arm wrestling !!! ■■

Still with the agency?

ladybird48:
Still with the agency?

No, Containers now. JMD @ Seaforth. Since Wincanton took over Sommerfields i think i only ever done a couple of shifts. I didn’t like it too much then. One, they told me there was no more second runs after 7 hours and said i had to sit there for an hour and three quarters as they have to pay eight hours. I went home, i didn’t wait. Some more stuff as well can’t quite remember. I’m sure its OK if you’re on staff, but as a few others on here have pointed out, not the best when its comes to agency?

ladybird48 i think i know who you are now dont you finish around lunchtime ish.
As for agency the company treat them like filth.

Hi Mike-C and LASHHGV,

Yes sorry to here about the Agency. There have been lots of complaints !
It’s not nice the way you have been treated. Perhaps the next lot who get in may be different.?
I usually finish around 12.30pm, as you know there is not much they can give us for 2.5 hrs especailly when we are given 45min to couple and un-couple.
I dont think its planned well in transport. Too much volume and a I m not bothered attitude.
If i was boss I would take care of everyone.Because I know what its like.
I do do my fair share, and dont mind where I go.

Im off with an injury at the moment. Tail lift faulty and twisted my back.