Sainsburys Drivers

Good evening all,

This is aimed at any Sainsbury’s drivers out there.

I was wondering if they are any good to work for, are they pretty good at giving you the hours you want, I have been in touch and been given an insight to the rates of pay, and if my calculations are correct then I could earn a lot more than the company I am currently with!!

However if they are tight with the hours then it would work out less!!

Any information would be appreciated! Feel free to PM if preferred!!

Did some work for Dartford depot a while ago. May be ok if employed direct but wouldn’t recommend it via agency.
Found it to be all very unionised and they seem to have a policy of two trailers per shift, so if they were both locals you got sent home after 6 hours or so.
Their own drivers seemed to have a very cushy number but still constantly moaned about it.

wing-nut:
Did some work for Dartford depot a while ago. May be ok if employed direct but wouldn’t recommend it via agency.
Found it to be all very unionised and they seem to have a policy of two trailers per shift, so if they were both locals you got sent home after 6 hours or so.
Their own drivers seemed to have a very cushy number but still constantly moaned about it.

And that is why the likes of Stobart get all those trunking contracts, was in the new Sainsbo depot last week at Dirft, there were literally dozens of Stobart trailers and wagons in there, asked some of the drivers and it seems they are taking over all the trunking runs, same as with co-op and Waitrose.

All the supermarket drivers themselves will be left with is local shop deliveries and rigids, the hauliers can’t backload on them so there is no point bidding for them unless they get to run the whole depot including the warehouse.

Now ordering 2,000 more Scanias makes a lot of sense.

wheelnutt:

wing-nut:

And that is why the likes of Stobart get all those trunking contracts, was in the new Sainsbo depot last week at Dirft, there were literally dozens of Stobart trailers and wagons in there, asked some of the drivers and it seems they are taking over all the trunking runs, same as with co-op and Waitrose.

All the supermarket drivers themselves will be left with is local shop deliveries and rigids, the hauliers can’t backload on them so there is no point bidding for them unless they get to run the whole depot including the warehouse.

A mate of mine works for Waitrose. Stobarts don’t do their trunking.

Seany:

wheelnutt:

wing-nut:

Keep up in the back, they are in at some depots, don’t know specifically which ones, some Stobart/Waitrose driver will enlighten us shortly.

What do you think is going to happen once those 2,000 new trucks get delivered, they haven’t finished the contract on the last 1,500 they took.

wheelnutt:

Seany:

wheelnutt:

wing-nut:

Keep up in the back, they are in at some depots, don’t know specifically which ones, some Stobart/Waitrose driver will enlighten us shortly.

What do you think is going to happen once those 2,000 new trucks get delivered, they haven’t finished the contract on the last 1,500 they took.[/quote.
They buy 2000 unit but every years they sold or return to dealers to many.Nobody know what balance will be .May be they buy 2000 but return 1999 old Scania .

Claretmac:
Good evening all,

I was wondering if they are any good to work for, are they pretty good at giving you the hours you want, I have been in touch and been given an insight to the rates of pay, and if my calculations are correct then I could earn a lot more than the company I am currently with!!

What DC??

I’ve had a chat with a few lads from Basingstoke DC and they seem happy enough with it

wheelnutt:

Seany:

wheelnutt:

wing-nut:

What do you think is going to happen once those 2,000 new trucks get delivered, they haven’t finished the contract on the last 1,500 they took.

I don’t need to keep up. They are not trunking for Waitrose.

Seany:
A mate of mine works for Waitrose. Stobart don’t do their trunking.

Seany:
They are not trunking for Waitrose.

Yet…

Stobarts were only in at Bracknell over the Christmas period, we also had Wincanton, cherry load, conference haul, plus others, all gone now though

selby newcomer:

Claretmac:
Good evening all,

What DC??

I’ve had a chat with a few lads from Basingstoke DC and they seem happy enough with it

^^^^ This DC!! I think it is an on site agency on behalf of sainsburys and then if you are any good I think they pluck you from the agency!! May be wrong but that’s what I have heard from an experienced head!!

I don’t need to keep up. They are not trunking for Waitrose.
[/quote]
See waitrose trailers everyday heading out of leith on there way south defiantly not ran by stobarts in there

Claretmac:

selby newcomer:

Claretmac:
Good evening all,

What DC??

^^^^ This DC!! I think it is an on site agency on behalf of sainsburys and then if you are any good I think they pluck you from the agency!! May be wrong but that’s what I have heard from an experienced head!!

2 minutes down the road from me, I heard they were looking for drivers a while ago, I done some digging and was told no full time jobs goin with sainsburys directly, just ongoing work with the agency, I asked what the likelihood of getting taken on direct but was told there was no plans to recruit other than agency. I’d have moved from my current job if I could go direct but ain’t going back to agency work.

What DC??

[/quote]
[/quote]
2 minutes down the road from me, I heard they were looking for drivers a while ago, I done some digging and was told no full time jobs goin with sainsburys directly, just ongoing work with the agency, I asked what the likelihood of getting taken on direct but was told there was no plans to recruit other than agency. I’d have moved from my current job if I could go direct but ain’t going back to agency work.
[/quote]
Have sent you a message.