Sainsbury

Ok, i have to go into hell (London) again Monday to Sainsbury Tottenham Court Road. I think , less it all changes by then. Will be in an 18ton Daf. Anyone know if this is a good route. M4 onto A4,north onto A3220, at Shepherds Bush right onto Holland Park Ave. Run through to Marble Arch , Oxford Street and left into Tottenham Court Road. Is the delivery area Stephen st. into Gresse St.? and am i ok in Oxford Street. Thanks.

Can’t help but having done London every day for 6 months max weight sometimes as far in as Westminster then I can safely say it just ain’t worth it for you health, was in Merthyr today, blissful drive.

Yes i live in south wales so i know what you mean .

Just dont leave the A4 before 7am as nighttime lorry ban is still in place and includes the A3220

205:
Just dont leave the A4 before 7am as nighttime lorry ban is still in place and includes the A3220

He’s in a 18t so is ok.

m1cks:

205:

He’s in a 18t so is ok.

Aka a van :smiley:

Cant use Oxford Street, buses only, have to divert and run parallel, can’t rember road name though.

Just googled, looks like there’s two of them!

m1cks:

205:

He’s in a 18t so is ok.

:blush: :blush: missed that bit, i thought he was truck driver seeing as this is TRUCKNET UK DOT COM :laughing: :laughing:

I used to come in on A4, down the Strand, along to Charing Cross Rd and straight over Oxford Street to TCR…was probably 20 years ago when we used to do all the Pizza Huts so probably can’t go nowhere near any of those roads now!

tortoise:
Ok, i have to go into hell (London) again Monday to Sainsbury Tottenham Court Road. I think , less it all changes by then. Will be in an 18ton Daf. Anyone know if this is a good route. M4 onto A4,north onto A3220, at Shepherds Bush right onto Holland Park Ave. Run through to Marble Arch , Oxford Street and left into Tottenham Court Road. Is the delivery area Stephen st. into Gresse St.? and am i ok in Oxford Street. Thanks.

Don’t know about that route in.
This is the way I went in an artic years ago.
A501 ( Euston Road ) turn right into Gower Street ( A400 ) all the way down Gower St
over New Oxford St into Shaftsbury Ave,right into St Giles High St ( One Way System )
follow One Way System round to Charring X Road turn right ( Tottenham Court Rd Tube Station ) on the left
Straight over Oxford St ( Tottenham Court Road Tube Station on your left ) into Tottenham Court Rd and
Sainsbury’s Store comes up 100 yards or so on your left.

205:

You can go into any part of the lorry control scheme over 18t providing you have the exemption permission which sainsburys do same us we do stores all night in london.
providing you use the main route closest to your destination and leave the same way.

Ramon123 has the most direct route.Thats basically the route we use for dean st.

Ramon123:

tortoise:

Don’t know about that route in.
This is the way I went in an artic years ago.
A501 ( Euston Road ) turn right into Gower Street ( A400 ) all the way down Gower St
over New Oxford St into Shaftsbury Ave,right into St Giles High St ( One Way System )
follow One Way System round to Charring X Road turn right ( Tottenham Court Rd Tube Station ) on the left
Straight over Oxford St ( Tottenham Court Road Tube Station on your left ) into Tottenham Court Rd and
Sainsbury’s Store comes up 100 yards or so on your left.

this is the route I go, though I go Shaftesbury ave, stay in right hand lane, right into earnshaw street, end of the road turn left at lights.

I find that way has a little less traffic, some times anyway

Thanks for the replies. Think i have settled on A4, Shaftesbury Ave, left ont to A400, follow it around to New Oxford Street, bit of a left here then right into TCR. I hope.