Said it before... I am a twonk!

Ok, I left work in a hurry today and forgot to remove my digi card.

It was too late to get someone else to remove it when I realised so the question is…

What’s the procedure tomorrow morning when I get in and find I’ve done a 25 hour shift ending in 16 hours of other work!!

Can I change the modes using manual entry?

no you cannot do a manual entry to override whats already recorded on card, can only do manual entries to record duties whilst card removed. do a printout with explanation written on back and don’t worry, we have all done it :blush:

green456:
we have all done it

I haven’t, but you’re right do a printout and explain away, if Vosa see it they’ll know what’s happened anyway.

bald bloke:

green456:
we have all done it

I haven’t, but you’re right do a printout and explain away, if Vosa see it they’ll know what’s happened anyway.

One good reason to have tacho default to rest when the ignition is switched off, but some see that as unprofessional!! And no I’ve never done it either!

Get a print out,give it to boss,claim overtime & take next 3 days off ■■? :smiley:

green456:
don’t worry, we have all done it :blush:

I’ve done it. She gave me the infringements but refused to give me the extra pay. She didn’t understand why I was upset.

Chill out Dude.It is not a hanging at dawn on the gallows.Vosa know we are human and mistakes.One offs are ok.It is repeat offenders they are after.
Printout with an explanation is ok.
Do not worry.

One snag you may have to deal with is driving time.
Lets say your last driving period was 3 hours at the end of today. The tacho will want you to take a 45 after just an hour and a half’s driving in the morning! A guy I know done the same over Christmas while I was on leave. He told me he left his card in all night on other work and that the driving time warning came up after only an hours driving the following morning. My advise was to take the 45, don’t make the situation any worse!

Yes as said stick a 45 in just to stop it flashing at you all day :slight_smile: