Safeway/morrison Northampton

Hi there, Usual Friday night question from me. Does anyone know the location of Safeway/morrison Northampton. If so please would you mind sharing it with me ta.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Come off M1S at 15A, past services, left at roundabout, over next roundabout, on left hand side.

Cheers.

cheers Rob :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Its a bloody huge place, Bones!! You can’t miss it!

think its called swan valley carlsberg are down there as well.

bones ur not on getminted poker by any chance

You can see it from the motorway, it is called swan valley.

Bloody awful place! Are they still renovating it?

I heard that they are converting it to chill. I used to like the team down there.

Well what a (zb) place that was. Had two drops today an 08.00 Asda lutterworth and a 09.20 Morrison Swan valley.

Pulls into Asda this morning ad find myself pulling out of the gate in 20 minutes :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: fully tipped and paperwork in hand ,a little dazed and confused by this Strange happening i get my toe down and arrive at Morrisons for 09.00. :smiley:

AAAArgh 3 lanes wide artics back to the gates at the roundabout. Strolls upto gatehouse and books in. Your number 25 when you see your number on that board pull into goods in.

Now if you know this place then what i am about to say will make perfect sense.

what the (zb) use is that digital board if your stuck in three lanes of artics nose to tail? you cant see it. So all they do in reality is send you down when you get to the front of the que.

I got to the front of the que (this is still before the gatehouse) in 3 hours.

So i proceed to goods in. And guess what all they have doen is move people through the gate to another holding area!! and all this for two pallets!!

ANyway after another 2 hours i had been tipped and got my paperwork back. Thats a whole 5 hours sat around to tip 2 pallets!!

Starts pulling out and gets to gatehouse and notice theres no one queing anymore. I said to guy in security β€œyou managed to catch up then” oh no he said we have closed goods in no more deliveries booked in today By this time though there are another 10 twagons in good in) :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

this tells me a few things that wouldnt go a miss down there.

1. spread the blinking drop times thorugh a FULL day :confused:

2)Dont accept so many blinking deliveries when you have only TWO loading bays in operation and two forkies (sorry 1 and half because one poor guy was also acting as goods in) :smiling_imp:

3)Get a coffee machin near the gatehouse for those poor guys trying to do there job and getting messed about by shoddy booking in practices. :smiling_imp:

Though i shouldnt complain as i am hourly paid and i was on time and half for first 8 then double for remainder. just think with a bit of thought going into the operation then they could have handled today much better. Its not just the drivers either the knock on effect of that amount of volume getting pumped into the warehouse is bound to cause operational problems with regard to locating etc. But if they spaced it out a bit more they would have chance to get it located and racked away without error and less damages etc caused by the pickers etc. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: