Safety Trainers

Don’t forget boots / shoes as PPE are only there for the residual safety when all other safety efforts have been taken into account. They’re only meant for the nearby close problems the wearer will encounter, such as toes nipped under a pallet they are moving, twisted ankles, standing on raised nails etc. They’re the last resort for your safety not the first and only one

rigsby:
Quarry sector/tarmac gangs etc , elf n safety banned safety trainers as all safety footwear must have ankle protection . I wouldn’t be surprised if other sectors of the industry catch on to that soon , can’t have the serfs comfortable can we ?

And Rigger boots will get you barred from a lot of sites, so not only ankle protection required but also ankle support.

Speaking of which, I used to work with a guy who always wore rigger boots (as most of us did back then), he sprained his ankle really badly whilst about 90 miles away from base, boss told him to “do the best you can and get back to the yard” as there was no one to come out to drive the wagon back. He spent 6 weeks on SSP :unamused: He didn’t learn, he kept on wearing them for as long as I knew him, obviously 6 weeks on next to nowt wasn’t as serious for him as it would have been for the rest of us.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

msgyorkie:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

msgyorkie:
If you go to Sports direct they do a walking shoe for about £30 ish. These are fairly lightweight but very breathable. The best bit is they look very much like work shoes. In over 4 years of wearing these I have only been stopped once for wearing them.

Why would any right minded person purposely wear non safety footwear for work that look like they’re safety footwear and offer zero protection for your feet?
Probably the most ludicrous advice ever been offered on the internet.

Because lets face it…driving for 4 hours, getting out to open the curtain, sitting in waiting room for 2 hours the driving back for 4 hours is hardly risky on your toes is it!

There we have it, a bullshiner!
Please inform us where in Britain you open the curtains of a trailer and then “sit in a waiting room for 2 hours”, you’re just another bullshiner and when your toes are crushed because you’re wearing shoes that look like they’re safety shoes but aren’t really then do us all a favour and ride around on your mobility scooter and keep your gob shut and don’t moan or attempt a claim through some employers insurance!

I connect to a loaded trailer, drive 4 hours, open the doors and back on a bay.Then I sit in the canteen for an hour and do the same job in reverse.The biggest threat to my toes is me dropping a coffee cup.

I use dewalt safety boots, nice and comfortable and fairly lightweight. Don’t really see the issue [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

msgyorkie:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

msgyorkie:
If you go to Sports direct they do a walking shoe for about £30 ish. These are fairly lightweight but very breathable. The best bit is they look very much like work shoes. In over 4 years of wearing these I have only been stopped once for wearing them.

Why would any right minded person purposely wear non safety footwear for work that look like they’re safety footwear and offer zero protection for your feet?
Probably the most ludicrous advice ever been offered on the internet.

Because lets face it…driving for 4 hours, getting out to open the curtain, sitting in waiting room for 2 hours the driving back for 4 hours is hardly risky on your toes is it!

A passing forktruck or an errant pallet or drum says otherwise.

And this wearing safety boots [emoji54][emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk