Safety First

I would like to have the Windscreen and sidewindows darkened that much that the Sun isn’t a danger anymore by driving without Sunglases.
As i had my Nose broken is it painfull to wear Sunglases,and dark Windows could help.
Any other Ideas?

at the moment it looks like I’m in a majority of one. I voted ‘no’ 'cos I think that anything with less than 70 % light transmisson is plain dangerous. OK, I speak as a biased motorcyclist, no I don’t wear a tinted visor, don’t see the point. Life is hard enough getting other motorists to ‘see’ motorcycles, without giving them the excuse of looking through glass that is nearly opaque.
I understand the point about finding wearing sunglasses difficult / painful, my solution would be get a Renault Magnum, those electric front and side blinds were the best thing for getting rid of glare, just remember to stop short of winding them all the way down :smiley: :smiley:
In the meantime remember that excessively tinted front / side windows will get you a ‘9’ on either a car or truck. The vehicle stops where it is until tint removed. No doubt the boys from VOSA would ‘s’ mark it in the case of anything over 3.5 tonnes, so not worth the effort. Probably invalidate the insurance as well.

what about a sunstrip along the top of the screen
also what would you do when you go into a tunnel
sorry but i am also against a serverly tinnted front&
side screens-windows, what about a cap with a peak
and a tinted strip of plastic on a hinge, which you can
move up or down as required, you could put this together
yourself in a little while, just a thought,

I think them stupid things that run across the top of the windows should be removed its not much fun when your as tall as me and having to stoop down to see ahead of you.

Any other Ideas?

Yes, mirrored film. This has a slight tint too and reflects a lot of the heat away as well as the brightness. Unfortunately I think its illegal to use on front windows, and not really recommended for windscreens.
What I have seen though are sun visor extensions, that have a darkish green tint to them, they seem like a good idea in bright conditions. :wink:

Im new here guys so pls be nice.
I wear specs and wont pay for prescription sun specs and i dont have a problem,(other than im blind and tight) i use the sun visors and more often than not i squint.
Its definatly a no for me, dark windows reduce visiability more than the sun will in my opinion.

Lovlyperson:
Any other Ideas?

Tinted contact lenses. :bulb:

(You didn’t specify that the ideas were required to be sensible.)

:wink: :wink:

Krankee:

Lovlyperson:
Any other Ideas?

working nights :wink:

jonboy:

Krankee:

Lovlyperson:
Any other Ideas?

Unfortunately, that doesn’t help much. The sun is replaced by boy racers with top bars with spot lights, and idiot car drivers on main beam.
My solution to this is to keep some light on in the cab, so that the transition to extreme bright light isn’t so painful.
Also, keeping the windows clean inside and out reduces the glare considerably, whether it’s from the sun or headlights.
Fog lights + wet road + clear conditions = glare
So turn them off !

Just wear a welding mask.

smoker:
[My solution to this is to keep some light on in the cab, !

Whoops! Global warming alert :open_mouth: :laughing: . Every tiny bit of extra leccy uses more diesel. :cry:
Seriously though, I was put off from having aircon in the last new car I bought (this one :unamused: ) because a mate pointed out that it would ruin my mpg record (70mpg in a Saxo 1.5D).
Worst decision I ever made, the next one will definitely have it. :laughing:

Sunlight? Tinted strip or visor, certainly not tinting the whole screen. May well be illegal anyway, it is here.

smoker:

jonboy:

Krankee:

Lovlyperson:
Any other Ideas?

Unfortunately, that doesn’t help much. The sun is replaced by boy racers with top bars with spot lights, and idiot car drivers on main beam.
My solution to this is to keep some light on in the cab, so that the transition to extreme bright light isn’t so painful.
Also, keeping the windows clean inside and out reduces the glare considerably, whether it’s from the sun or headlights.
Fog lights + wet road + clear conditions = glare
So turn them off !

But the Officer can’t see when we eat Spagetti,or Smoke a Havanna :bulb: