Safety checks

6 week safety check how do you as a driver know they have been done?what are the implications of having an accident in a vehicle that hadn’t been checked?and how much leeway do you get is it 1 week 2week overdue

As far as I know, you don’t need to know. It’s the operators responsibility to ensure safety inspections are done when required. If you are involved in an accident, as long as the vehicle didn’t have a defect that you should spot on your daily checks, the onus would fall on the operator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodpecker1:
6 week safety check how do you as a driver know they have been done?what are the implications of having an accident in a vehicle that hadn’t been checked?and how much leeway do you get is it 1 week 2week overdue

Surely you, as the driver, unless you are an owner driver, have to rely on the company that you work for, are doing all the relevant mid-term services. If you are really that worried then go to the workshop, admin dept or transport and ask to see the relevant invoices/paperwork to make sure that all is as it should be

damoq:
As far as I know, you don’t need to know. It’s the operators responsibility to ensure safety inspections are done when required. If you are involved in an accident, as long as the vehicle didn’t have a defect that you should spot on your daily checks, the onus would fall on the operator.

100% correct.

Periodic Maintenance Inspections are the Operators responsibility. All a driver needs to be concerned with are those items he can check as part of a Walkaround check.

There isn’t any leeway on the ‘6 weekly’ schedule. The PMI must be completed by the end of the ISO week in which it becomes due or the vehicle removed from service until next inspected.