Safety(?) Cameras

Just treated myself to a new dashcam which has speed camera warning that dings on approach.Drove from Barnsley to west of Manchester via M1 and M62 yesterday.I never realised how many speed detection cameras there were on those roads.If I estimated 50 I don’t think I would be far out.Safety cameras,they say.More like “Thank you and kerching cameras.”

Gidders:
Just treated myself to a new dashcam which has speed camera warning that dings on approach.Drove from Barnsley to west of Manchester via M1 and M62 yesterday.I never realised how many speed detection cameras there were on those roads.If I estimated 50 I don’t think I would be far out.Safety cameras,they say.More like “Thank you and kerching cameras.”

They named them ‘‘Safety Cameras’’ to put a positive spin on it, to gull the public into accepting they were their for their benefit.
The less gullible among us fully realise that is complete ■■■■■■■■, they are there to raise revenue.
I would maybe believe the crap if they were seen more in small low traffic volume villages instead of on M.way/ dual carriageway bridges, where relatively it is safer there to travel at higher speeds.
There must be 100s of recorded footages all over the country of me giving the ■■■■ s the finger or coffee shaker as I pass them. :imp:

Gidders:

What make of dash cam is that does it have WiFi as well

The dashcam is manufactured by Aguri.I don’t know if it has wifi or not as my technical ability doesn’t stretch that far.

Gidders:
The dashcam is manufactured by Aguri.I don’t know if it has wifi or not as my technical ability doesn’t stretch that far.

Ok thanks yeah I’ve already seen that one it doesn’t have WiFi built into it

Hopefully you’ll be able to watch this. It’s a bloke in Oz showing how to avoid speeding fines.

facebook.com/australiastoug … 69617/?t=0

The real killer crashes happen on rural routes ,they don’t put “safety” cameras there though as they wouldn’t generate enough revenue.

trucker10:

Gidders:

What make of dash cam is that does it have WiFi as well

This one has Wi-fi, cameras (life time updates) and Lane departure warning.

halfords.com/technology/das … ash-cam-55

peterm:
Hopefully you’ll be able to watch this. It’s a bloke in Oz showing how to avoid speeding fines.

facebook.com/australiastoug … 69617/?t=0

Totally agree with him. People rely on technology to much. Open your eyes look around.

Say your gadget doesnt detect a camera .And you get a ticket. You going to write and say sorry my Lord . My gadget failed and I didn’t know it’s was a 30mph. zone

Same as bridge stories etc.
My sat nav said turn left so.i did. How was I to know it’s a low bridge or weight restriction.
Open your eyes people use common sense

They could be fun

I fear that some people are missing the point of my original post which was me expressing my surprise at the number of speed cameras in such a relatively short distance this information being provided by me replacing a defective dashcam.I do as the Oz guy does,hence a my clean licence at 71 years of age.Am I being over sensitive?

No, just driving too slow … :slight_smile:

I don’t think of them as speed cameras or safety cameras,
I think of them as ‘totally volantury tax’ cameras. Makes it much easier to act accordingly if you don’t like paying extra unnecessary taxes.

But I would like to say a big thanks to all those that do volunteer to pay this optional tax because if you all stopped contributing then I’m sure the gov would find another way to raise all that money.

Speed cameras don’t stop people from speeding , just catches them doing it .
If they did work the revenue would eventually dry up as we all became trained monkeys.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Gidders:
I fear that some people are missing the point of my original post which was me expressing my surprise at the number of speed cameras in such a relatively short distance this information being provided by me replacing a defective dashcam.I do as the Oz guy does,hence a my clean licence at 71 years of age.Am I being over sensitive?

Im.not surprised really. All these smart motorways arnt there to ease congestion. (Just look at m60 now that’s complete it seems worse)
There just a stealthy way to get speed cameras on a motorway