SAFED

Done this fuel efficiency bit for CPC and Volvo is fitted with traffic light system but couldn’t agree on this: is it more fuel efficient to turn off engine if waiting say for four or five minutes or leave ticking over?
Any ideas cause i,m loosing sleep over this :smiley: p :smiley:

My Daf shuts itself down after about 5 minutes. SAFED is a load of crap. I’m all for block changing but thrashing the engine, jumping several gears (hearing the noise the lorry makes) surely costs more than the thimble of diesel allegedly saved. I know my CF isn’t keen on too much block changing (and it makes virtually no difference to the mpg according to the computer). Job and knock multi drop and handball so SAFED principles (and WTD) aren’t a concern to me. :wink:

Muckaway:
My Daf shuts itself down after about 5 minutes. SAFED is a load of crap. I’m all for block changing but thrashing the engine, jumping several gears (hearing the noise the lorry makes) surely costs more than the thimble of diesel allegedly saved. I know my CF isn’t keen on too much block changing (and it makes virtually no difference to the mpg according to the computer). Job and knock multi drop and handball so SAFED principles (and WTD) aren’t a concern to me. :wink:

My renault switches itself off after ideling for two mins

Hiya…it must be cheaper to buy a egg cup of diesel a day than a new starter at £500 plus fitting.
the starter will always give up at the worst possible place, and loose a days work.
John

In a que I often leave it running, stop start, stop start aint kind to batteries.

Used to have to do this on the buses. Volvo Gemini’s shut down after 4mins on idle. Used to be bloody annoying as all the lights/ticket machines/doors would stop working too just as you were trying to get a load of pax on at Piccadilly stn in rush hour :smiley: