Safe waiting zone for drivers

They could have at least put it BEHIND the barrier!

zippo:
Don’t you know it.
To be fair, they are a bunch of cretins at TA TA scunthorpe.
Well the ones that think up this kind of [zb].0

The company i work for has banned rigger boots for employees but contractors are still allowed to wear them on our sites. I asked the reason for the ban and was told the risk of ankle injuries was higher though no one on any of our sites has had a problem. The thing that get’s me is one of the girls on site regularly wears a pair of killer heels to work and i can’t even wear my comfy boots!

regards Daz

zippo:
Don’t you know it.

One of our fitters was wearing rigger boots when he was cutting bolts with a gas axe, unfortunatly for him a lump of red hot bolt dropped into his boot causing one hell of a burn by the time he got it off.
May be that is the reason for the ban, well deffo for their own staff anyway!

On the upside of being in that tardis thing though, it’s too small to have to share it with anyone else. You wouldn’t have to listen to any kind of RDC waiting room bullpooh.:smiley:

There is no way I would get in that box. Not a chance. I don’t even think that it is ‘safer’ than standing outside next to the truck. If anything falls on the box or a truck or plant backs into it or the wind blows it over, you’ve got nowhere to go. It’s disgusting and inhumane, TATA might have some things like that in India but they want taking to court for demeaning human beings in this country. Idiots. I might even write a letter asking who’s idea was that and telling them how vile I think it is that they expect a truck driver to stand in it.

10-08:
I really would like to see the research that says that box is safer than your cab.

Me too. Good point.

TerryDactyl.:
Do two glamorous ladies in sparkly bikinis stand either side of it and spin it round, then open the door and you’re not there? :smiley:

:smiley::-D:-D:D:D:D

Looks like a portaloo with a window in it.

Is it me or does that box look like the bloke would stand up and walk about with the box still on his back?

mick.mh2racing:
Is it me or does that box look like the bloke would stand up and walk about with the box still on his back?

Looks more like a compulsory crush zone to me,Not for me ta.

JB:

TerryDactyl.:
Do two glamorous ladies in sparkly bikinis stand either side of it and spin it round, then open the door and you’re not there? :smiley:

:smiley::-D:-D:D:D:D

+1
I just can’t stop laughing at that
Imagine Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee standing there and he says
" That’s the way to do it "

weeto:

zippo:
Don’t you know it.

One of our fitters was wearing rigger boots when he was cutting bolts with a gas axe, unfortunatly for him a lump of red hot bolt dropped into his boot causing one hell of a burn by the time he got it off.

Is there some unwritten rule that says you have to tuck you’re trousers into rigger boots?
If I wore them I would cover them up by having my trouser leg on the outside.

ROADRANGER:

weeto:

zippo:
Don’t you know it.

Is there some unwritten rule that says you have to tuck you’re trousers into rigger boots?
If I wore them I would cover them up by having my trouser leg on the outside.

Yeh,me too, but that’s because you are automatically assuming that the reason given is genuine, chances are like most h&s bs, it is some ■■■■■■ in an office earning more than you and me, sat dreaming up bloody ridiculous schemes just to justify his existence to keep his job, point is they are running out of ideas, hence the subject of the o.p.

i keep a pair of lace up boots in the outside locker just incase i get sent in places that insist on them but i wear dealer boots for all other jobs as there more comfortable and kinder too my feet

Hilarious. Did you pretend you we’re doctor who?

Get the manager who thought of the Tardis to stand in it for 8 hours,like a scene from the prison film Papillon,or a prisoner of war film where they punish you in a cooler or oven box for a prison cell.
Japanese Generals would punish POW`s like this,why do drivers put up with this nonsense.It is 2012 not 1945.

If another truck turns up to tip whilst you are in there? He will wait in his cab p’raps? Edit to add. If he can,why cant you?

When I first started going there the lads doing the tipping used to let you wait in the portacabin that they used for breaks ect.
But with the proviso that if the manager comes along you have to go outside as you are not allowed in.
So that was ok,as in winter it’s a bit nippy in sunny scunny.
Anyway something must of happened and that thing appeared.
Anyway despite the fact I refused to go again whilst I had a hole up my arse,I did go again.
Albeit in the summer whilst it was a dust bowl,and the “tardis” had gone, to be replaced by a penn that you MUST wait in but it’s totally out in the open.
God it is a ■■■■■■■■■■
But,it did make a funny picture.

whole place looks a ■■■■■■■■

Oh yes it is and you your truck gets blathered.:slight_smile: