Safe truck parking in the midlands

all these were taken from the operation indicate website

SECURE LGV PARKING IN THE MIDLANDS REGION
CAT A - WEST MIDLANDS - C. H. Jones Ltd, Premier Business Park, Queen Street, Walsall, West Midlands, WS2 9PB. DIRECTIONS - exit M6 at J10. A454 towards Walsall. Right into Pleck Road, right into Bridgeman Street and right into Queen Street, entrance in Brook Street. CONTACT - Bryan McKee, tel. 01922 615231. FACILITIES - Fenced (gates locked 8pm-6am), floodlighting, on-site security/showers, toilets, fuel. COSTS - £4.00 overnight stay, 40 spaces.

CAT B - WEST MIDLANDS - Nightowl Truckstop, Wolverhampton, Hilton Industrial Estate, Cannock Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands. DIRECTIONS - exit M54 at J1, A460 towards Wolverhampton. CONTACT - Louise Bowman, tel. 01902 307535. FACILITIES - fenced, CCTV on entrance/exit and floodlighting, fuel, food, bar, showers and shop. COSTS - £7.00 includes £2.00 meal voucher and free shower. 163 spaces.

CAT C - WEST MIDLANDS - Birmingham Truckstop, The Wharf, Wharf Road, Tyseley, Birmingham. DIRECTIONS - Off B4146 between A41 & A45. CONTACT - Mr L McGroarty on 0121 628 2339. FACILITIES - perimeter fence, lockable gates, controlled entrance/exit, CCTV, floodlighting, 24 hour security / accomodation, washing, food, bar. COSTS - £5.00 overnight parking (includes £1 meal voucher), 150 spaces.

CAT C - WARWICKSHIRE - Nightowl Truckstop, Rugby, Watling Street, Clifton upon Dunsmore, Rugby, Warwickshire. DIRECTIONS - exit M1 at J18, north on A5 (about 2 miles). CONTACT - Louise Bowman on tel. 01788 535115. FACILITIES - hedged and fenced, floodlighting, night patrols, fuel, shop, food,bar, showers. COSTS - £7.00 includes £2.00 meal voucher and free shower. 203 spaces.

CAT C - STAFFORDSHIRE - Friary Outer Car Park, Lichfield District Council, Lichfield, Staffordshire. DIRECTIONS - signposted within city centre. CONTACT - MR. I. Holden on tel. 01543 414000. FACILITIES - floodlighting, CCTV and visiting security, toilets. COSTS - £5.50. Number of spaces unknown.

not quite a truckpark,but if in garrets green not far from geo logistics is a car rental place at the dead end road,place has 24 hr security,will keep eye on you if stuck for parking.

only drawback its on the flight path to brum airport,but if you can sleep next to the road in a layby this shouldnt be a problem.

also canton lane on HAMS HALL is a good place to park,plenty of trucks use it and with BMW being on all sides you have cctv everywhere, and as its a deadend with a roundabout at the bottom not much through traffic.

Was it really only £7 to park at nightowl in 2005? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
And rugbys now how much? between £15 and £20 ill guarantee!

dont know ,dont pay it.

JB:
Was it really only £7 to park at nightowl in 2005? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
And rugbys now how much? between £15 and £20 ill guarantee!

£18-50 now - i was there last night - that includes a shower and a £5 meal/bar voucher - facilities very clean i thought - would recommend :slight_smile:

There is also J23 truckstop of the M1 Not 100% how much as i mainly use it for breaks and 24hr diesel But iys safe enough there and quiet

IMHO, I don’t rate Birmingham Truckstop in Tyseley. I was instructed to park there by my boss about a month ago. Grubby little industrial estate where you pay £7.50 (no meal voucher) for the privilege. Security guard reckoned I was getting a good deal and said he didn’t know anywhere cheaper… However, once you manage to find the cafe, the food is excellent!

The Hollies (A5, near Cannock - about a mile east of J12 M6) charges £5.00 and open 24 hours. Most of the meals are around £5.00 and if you spend £5.00 or more they include a sweet and cup of tea with the price of your meal. Good food and a great selection! Showers and 24hr security.

Trucker’s Rest (just down the road and on the opposite side to The Hollies). Never stopped there but a lot of the blokes I work with rate it higher than The Hollies. Parking and meal is £10.00 all in (don’t quote me on that…)!

Somewhere very near, about 5 mins walk away, there’s a pub. Most of the blokes I work with go there for their evening meal as it’s only £1.00 for a meal (yes, £1.00 - one pound!). They save their meal voucher from the Trucker’s Rest for breakfast the next day!

Lincoln Farm (A452 between the A45 and Balsall Common - from J6 M42 take the A45 towards Coventry and come off at the first exit, down the slip road, turn right at the roundabout, down a dual carriageway to another roundabout, take the third exit, drive down dual-carriageway for about 1-2 miles, signposted right over opposing lanes - there’s a filter allowing you to do this) £10 for parking which includes a £4.00 meal voucher or £14.00 for parking, meal and sweet. Showers included on either tariff, 24hr security. Meals are OK, large portions!

Standeford Farm Cafe, A449. Off M6 at junction 12 onto A5 west. Down to the next island where the A449 crosses. Little shop on the left corner selling just about anything. Turn left (A449) and keep going through the lights where the Four Ashes pub is on the corner. From these lights the green and cream painted cafe is visible on the right. Go for the mixed grill and cheesecake for dessert!
As for Birmingham Truckstop, never been but heard some horror stories. Truckers Rest is reasonably priced at £10 and the Four Crosses pub is five minutes walk away for a £1 meal. The Hollies, went in there a few weeks ago and it appears everything is being modernised.

i dont use birmingham truck stop any more on last visit selected a meal only to be told thats the day menu you cant have that so i chose off of another board that was the night menu. food ok was thinking of having pud but no one behind the counter went off for a leak only to find chef in toilet smoking and ■■■■■■■ still wearing blue food gloves and straight out no washing of hands so no pud and never returned.