Safe places to park- scotland

i will at some point have to night out in the land of the sock. :wink:

with me carrying beverages im looking for somewhere safe and secure to park up for the night between glasgow and edinburgh.

had curtains slashed before up there so don’t want to take the risk

jon

i would stop short of glasgow and stay at lesmahagow

Same here, Neil…good call

There are a number of possibilities.

Lesmahagow, as mentioned (M74 J10 - Northbound) is one. There is Harthill services (M8 halfway between Edin & Glasgow). Or Harthill truckstop also known as “The Burnside” (off M8 at J5, left onto B7066. On left after 200/300 yds).

PM me more details when you know them and I may be able to help further. Dapper Savenger lives in that area, she may be able to suggest a quiet little corner somewhere.

Harthill truckstop also known as “The Burnside” (off M8 at J5, left onto B7066. On left after 200/300 yds).

that was the place i got done last time

jon

There is a distinct lack of secure parking In this part of the world. Especially if you want a good meal and a shower. :unamused:

As said b4 Lesmahagow is best jonboy(secure),you can also park in Bothwell service’s ( at a push) M74.Also if you go into the Eurocentral jonboy and head toward’s our depot (DHL) across the road just right of the gatehouse there is an inshot where you can reverse down to the gate that backs onto Wincanton’s depot ( gate’s not used so u won’t be disturbed)plus there is cctv in our depot and Wincanton’s depot.We are situatied 30mins from Glasgow and 30 mins from Edinburgh exactly halfway from both cities.

Direction’s to Eurocentral

M74 come of at J5 turning right toward’s Bellshill (A725) up the steep hill and follow that all the way till you come to a big r/abt (you go over the M8/A8) at r/abt
go right down onto the A8 and carry on,you will see The fly over about 1mile in front of you going across A8.(signposted Eurocentral)Come off there and go across 1st r/bt across next 1,left at next,right at next one.Headlamb carpets will be on your left .Follow rd up and you’ll see Wincanton on your right just go past there building and at the end there is a gate(you’ll see all trucks in there yard via this gate) reverse in there and you will be ok.Any probs give me a shout m8.

Does it say on the side you will be carrying beverages?.

moblie advert thats why im looking for secure

jon

No such thing as secure parking in this country

jammymutt:

Maybe just a tad :laughing: :laughing:

Its a bit short of Glasgow but Beatock truckstop is fairly safe as its opposite the plod shop. some good drinking hovels around too :smiley:

Cameras, Security and more food than you can eat :exclamation:

We pull…er…beverages…out of Scotland a lot, and to be honest we all get the hell out before stopping. Happenden’s ok, used that a few times, and I know some of ours use Lesmagahow, but other than that you’re looking at Penrith (NOT the ex-Nightowl Truckstop, the other place a bit further down the road), and then it depends which way you’re heading.

A66 direction, the re-opened park at Brough is safe, and I’ve always found Stainmore good. Not “secure” as such, but enough traffic through the night to put off the tealeaves.

Going M6 South you have Carnforth. Coming down the A1 way Purdy’s is similarly busy (like Stainmore). I also have a very nice and very secret spot just South of the Edinburgh ring road - well lit, well patrolled Ind. Est complete with CCTV you can park under. You’ll have to ring me for the directions for that one though, it’s too good to make common knowledge… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :sunglasses: