Safe and Secure Parking For Hgvs in the uk

We need Safe and Secure Parking For truck drivers throughout the UK

I would like the Governments Department of transport to look into providing designated service facilities throughout the UK for truck drivers. More affordable service facilities should be made available with Showers and to allow drivers to rest adequately and safely. Hgv drivers are the Lifeline of this country and deserve to be treated with a certain level of respect. They should be provided with more service areas than they are currently and secure parking for trucks,

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/43568

matt-duffill:
We need Safe and Secure Parking For truck drivers throughout the UK

I would like the Governments Department of transport to look into providing designated service facilities throughout the UK for truck drivers. More affordable service facilities should be made available with Showers and to allow drivers to rest adequately and safely. Hgv drivers are the Lifeline of this country and deserve to be treated with a certain level of respect. They should be provided with more service areas than they are currently and secure parking for trucks,

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/43568

Quite a simple solution without a lot of cost in my opinion. When a district council give planning permission for a supermarket, business park or industrial estate, the there should be a condition that forces the developer to provide parking for a number of trucks.

The other method which also would not take too much to administer, as part of the condition for joining the RHA or FTA operators or fleet users shall provide other members with spare parking places. This could operate along the lines of the original Keyfuels. Hauliers filled their own bulk tank but anyone with a Keyfuel card could draw fuel at that site. Why cannot that work for parking, drivers are given a book with a list of facilities, telephone numbers and directions

That would be a good Idea, Alot of big Haulage firms would have spaces for a few extra trucks to park over night in their yards, Each firm could register and make contact on the day and “Book a space” and make a small charge to park. Got to be better than Services or a Lay-by.

The main man at Brocklehurst Transport in Dewsbury, recently invited someone to stay in their yard, even though the no facility lorry park is virtually next door.

It’s a 2 minute walk into town, but Sainsbury’s is right next door.

Don’t know if that invitation is open to everyone, but a phone call would soon net the information.

Ken.

yea? well, there used to be a a bonza one in Dover port - showers, shop, security, food 24/7 closed for no *** reason at all!

Try this one www.formulaservices.co.uk based in Ellesmere Port Cheshire ch65 4lb built by truckers for truckers 24/7 on site security fuel bunkering
NO public , free wifi
thanks for looking
Roy
site manager

cooperman1275:
Try this one formulaservices.co.uk based in Ellesmere Port Cheshire ch65 4lb built by truckers for truckers 24/7 on site security fuel bunkering
NO public , free wifi
thanks for looking
Roy
site manager

Looks great
How much?

overnight parking 15.00 +vat that includes a free shower , free use of tv room , free use of laundry , free wifi , free water drinks and cups , free hot water boiler for your flasks , free use of kitchen sink and hot water to wash your plates and cutlery , free pool table , free personal tv in booths ,
Pay 21+vat for a main meal plus a drink of your choice this will be written out as parking wink wink
come pay us a visit
cheers
Roy

cooperman1275:
overnight parking 15.00 +vat that includes a free shower , free use of tv room , free use of laundry , free wifi , free water drinks and cups , free hot water boiler for your flasks , free use of kitchen sink and hot water to wash your plates and cutlery , free pool table , free personal tv in booths ,
Pay 21+vat for a main meal plus a drink of your choice this will be written out as parking wink wink
come pay us a visit
cheers
Roy

w

2 things Roy,

I’m not sure you should be publicly mentioning your special offer for a main meal :wink: it’s not only drivers that read the forums !

Secondly, we have rules on advertising , while I can overlook an occasional plug for your truckstop, 4 posts in a week is getting very close to a rule breach !

OOPPSS Denis sorry got a little over zealous there , I am to enthusiastic for my own good but I am proud of what we have to offer will cool it off
cheers
Roy