Sad job advert

How sad is this, your thoughts gents
simplyhired.co.uk/job/AGHan … 479u9p3800

The insertion of “Family run” means “Times are 'ard, and we cannot afford to compete by paying a going rate”.
The inclusion of night out money, and other allowances - disguises the 60-84 hours per week you’ll be expected to be on duty, over 100+ if you base it on “time spent with the truck”.

Southhampton - should know better as part of the prosperous south.
If you’re hard up in this part of the world - go sell your over-valued house to raise some bloody money, you tight-fisted gits! :unamused:

What a pity I don’t live in Southampton. I love nothing more than running around the country looking for spare parts and fitting them myself. Also the luxury of having my own cab as a second home and if I have any spare hours left, the fantastic opportunity to use them on my weekends. Christ who in Southampton will be passing this up!!!

£120-£165 per day? You’ll almost certainly be on the lower end of that! Christ, I left a crappy job in 2014 paying £115 per shift because I thought the wage was terrible.

Running around the country for spare parts? sounds as if they run ERFs and Fodens.

They should put themselves out of their misery, sell up, and call it a day.

On the other hand, there’s definitely a certain sort that would go for that. A Fred Dibnah type with a permanent mild whiff of old ingrained diesel and very messy hair. We’ve all met them.

ezydriver:
On the other hand, there’s definitely a certain sort that would go for that. A Fred Dibnah type with a permanent mild whiff of old ingrained diesel and very messy hair. We’ve all met them.

Met one? I AM them.

You are all allowed to play twister with the family who owns the buisness.

“fixing the truck yourself because you’ll enjoy that”
It really makes you wonder how old these trucks are.

“It’ll be your second home. We’ve given you a plug socket and everything!”

Wow!! I’m applying today.

Old trucks that break down - check
Expected to repair truck - check
Terrible pay - check
Terrible hours - check

Just for a laugh can somebody down that way go for an interview.

Im having the interview now.

We enjoy getting hands on with repairs and running around the country for spare parts rather than bowing down to a main dealer – that’s what makes looking after your lorry enjoyable isn’t it?

No, no it isn’t. Knowing I can defect a wagon and take it to a garage to get it fixed before I leave the yard makes it enjoyable. Knowing that if I’m at the other end of the country and I break down that a mechanic from the nearest main dealers will come out to fix it is what makes it enjoyable.

Being expected to be a well underpaid mechanic and to run a knackered truck all over the country just so the company can save a quid on a part and knowing if I break down I’m on my own doesn’t make anything enjoyable. Especially for £120 a day.

What we’re offering you is your own truck that you will get to live in as your second home

Drivers don’t want that any more. Hardly anyone is interested in being out so long in their lorry and spending so little time at home in the house they pay for that their missus can claim to be single.

At a guess its a "tin pot"outfit that has a fast turnover of "newbie"Drivers, who get a bit of experience, and then move on to better pastures,or possibly the Drivers they keep are unemployable anywhere else,and glad of a job no matter what the pay and conditions are

Build5:

Terrible pay - check
Terrible hours - check

Why so negative ? … look for the positives , it’s free on site parking… that’s the best benefit.

discoman:

Build5:

Terrible pay - check
Terrible hours - check

Why so negative ? … look for the positives , it’s free on site parking… that’s the best benefit.

Throw in a cycle to work scheme and I’m in.

Especially as im technically unemployed as of… now :slight_smile:

Apparently you lot didn’t see the name of the company ‘Big Rig Ltd’.

Now who doesn’t want to drive a ‘BIg Rig’. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Looks like a load of 10-20 year old XFs.

bigrigltd.com

ezydriver:

bigrigltd.com

Perhaps they should rename themselves to “Bih dih ding, bih dih ding” ltd then?

Reef:

ezydriver:

bigrigltd.com

Perhaps they should rename themselves to “Bih dih ding, bih dih ding” ltd then?

Ha ha, can you imagine?

Driver: boss, I’m in Hull, I’ve got a problem with the ABS
Boss: what’s all that ringing in the background?
Driver: Nobody’s singing!
Boss: I said ringing!
Driver: U wot mate? I am ringing in, and I’ve got an ABS fault.
Boss: Ok, I’ll ring round all the scrappies

30 mins later

Boss: Ok, make your way down to Dover, I’ve located a second hand ABS module. You’ve got your spanners with you, yeah?

It has an inverter and plug socket

Well that’s me sold. Where do I sign up?

Benefits:

On-site parking

end.

I gotta admit their honesty. That’s the shortest list of ‘‘benefits’’ I’ve ever seen

Not for me. The deal breaker being the lack of 10 driving lights on the roof and no Michelin man perched on the corner of the cab :laughing: .

looks like a job for ‘Blue Estate’…he’s lives down that way :laughing:

carryfast-yeti:
looks like a job for ‘Blue Estate’…he’s lives down that way :laughing:

NO he’s got a cushy number on GIT saw him fast asleep in a lay-by on the A34 last week in the daytime as well