sad day

traveling up the M5 near to cribbs causeway in the road works we were confronted by a mother duck trying to walk her 6 chicks across 3 lanes the truck infront of me had to take avoiding action because of the car infront of him stopping dead in the second lane, luckly i had kept a good gap behind him and was able to dive into lane 1 as well, i don’t know if they made it but the motorway went very quite after i had cleared them so not to sure how many vehicles stopped. some how they must of got past the nature protection barrier set up between the fields and the road works, i must be getting soft in my old age but it wasn’t nice seeing some of the chicks getting bowled over :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I saw Mum, and untold number of chicks squished a couple of weeks ago on Haddiscoe bends. There was one poor little mite left and he didn’t want to leave his/her brothers and sisters. Hope it was quick and painless for him/her :frowning:

I stopped at night to let a tiny baby rabbit scamper off the road and on to the verge. As soon as it got on the verge a fox leapt out of the hedge and grabbed it. :cry:

I’m never happy when I run something over, splattering a convoy of little ducklings would really ■■■■ me off :cry:

I don’t think it would put me off crispy shredded duck pancakes with hoisin sauce though, mind you that’s more than likely crispy shredded cat at my Chinese :laughing:

Gotta love these car drivers doing 70mph and will slam the brakes on or swerve to avoid hitting something that won’t do them or their cars any harm at all… but seem oblivious to the 44tons bearing down on them.

Mummy duck and her little babies may have the awwwww factor, but my truck has the Ouch factor - that is if you actually feel it when it drives right through you…!!

It’s never nice to run over and kill ■■■■ helpless creatures but I would sure as hell obliterate a thousand such creatures to save a human life and stopping on a M way for some ducks is a downright stupid thing to do.
About 6 years ago on the Masspike a truck driver swerved to avoid hitting some animal, crossed the highway to the eastbound side and killed a truck driver and 3 people in a car that were travelling in the opposite drection … The ‘poor’ animal lived and ran off.

I remember on a quite country back road a couple of years back a duck standing in the middle of the road. I slowed down as it was perfectly safe to, to a stop and a little old lady driving at walking pace the other way tried to drive round it but didnt judge the car width and nailed it :imp: :unamused:

Pat Hasler:
It’s never nice to run over and kill ■■■■ helpless creatures but I would sure as hell obliterate a thousand such creatures to save a human life and stopping on a M way for some ducks is a downright stupid thing to do.
About 6 years ago on the Masspike a truck driver swerved to avoid hitting some animal, crossed the highway to the eastbound side and killed a truck driver and 3 people in a car that were travelling in the opposite drection … The ‘poor’ animal lived and ran off.

if i were given a gun and told i must either kill you or a duck…then i`m afraid your history :sunglasses:

Mother ducks… Quackers the lot of em.

I find squirrels are hard to predict when you see them on the road they go one way and you think good he’s safe and then bugger me they run back into your path again.

Your all so sad…so just Duck off… :laughing:

My Missus stops for poxy pigeons…how sad is that…no matter how much i keep telling her that they will fly away as you approach them, she still insists on stopping…drives me mad.

Many years ago, when I 1st past my test, i’m in my best mk3 cortina with my girlfriend heading down a dark country lane looking for somewhere to park for some rumpy pumpy. :smiley:

A rabbit runs out in front of me and said girlfriend yanks on the steering wheel and we end up in a ditch!! :imp:

Had to walk miles to find a phone box to call my dad.

I was talking to a John Lewis driver over a cup of char & he told me he ran over a dead pheasant & a bone from said bird stuck in his n/s/f tyre & caused him to have a puncture :open_mouth:

i hit a pigeon the other week coming home from work got out the car at mine and the little bugger had got its leg stuck between the bonnet and wing an was flapping about at the front of me car, i did wonder why a couple of cars flashed me but assumed there were a speed trap or something about…id just like to add that luckily for the pigeon once i opened the bonnet it flew off so couldnt of been that injured.

I found a dead fox yesterday on Swarkestone bridge, by the time we had turned round to come back, some bugger had stolen it!