Sad day

Very sad day for me today.

My arm rest on my DAF XF has broken. I hadn’t appreciated the power of this simple rest until it was gone.

Please pray for me

I feel your pain brother.
Losing an arm rest is like when theres an electricity black out. You dont realise how much you use and need it till its not there anymore!
Thoughts and prayers with you at this tough time. Stay strong. We are all here for you.

May it rest in pieces…

tough it out brother , mines ok by the way so don’t worry

I don’t have an arm rest so i can not begin to understand your loss

In time, there will be other armrests. Be strong.

I find them annoying

Times a great healer in these situations, there are help groups you could join to meet people and share experiences with those that have also lost armrests.
I will pm you a link with meeting details for the Arm Rest Society of England.

I also share your pain as I recently lost an armrest that was very close to me (well on the offside to be exact) when I moved from my actros to the renault t cab.
Resting a limb on the door is just not the same.

A tear still dribbles down my cheek remembering the good times and the fun we shared as I twiddled her little knob to get her up and down till I found that sweet spot of maximum satisfaction.

Substituting a peice of wood or buying a new one can help but you will never forget the love and support your original armrest has given.

I have to give my truck to agency men on my days off. They adjust the seat and both armrests. And never to the same height, and always skywards, never towards the wheel. Most distressing.

Dipper_Dave:
Arm Rest Society of England.

Too subtle mate! :smiley:

PaulNowak:
I have to give my truck to agency men on my days off. They adjust the seat and both armrests. And never to the same height, and always skywards, never towards the wheel. Most distressing.

I wish I was there… Then you could lean on me for support

PaulNowak:

funny that,was thinking exactly that and was going to post then I saw your reply,bloody annoying when you get it exactly right then some night shift driver[agency or full time] re adjusts it and leaves it for you in the morning

PaulNowak:

What a shame :laughing: I’m the only one who drives my truck unless I’m sick or on holiday :frowning: so my seat will be in the same place Monday as I left it to day :grimacing:

Thanks for this post, made me laugh, specially the Arm Rest Society of England. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

truckman020:
funny that,was thinking exactly that and was going to post then I saw your reply,bloody annoying when you get it exactly right then some night shift driver[agency or full time] re adjusts it and leaves it for you in the morning

Mirrors (all) lumbar supports (all) seat squab angle, radio presets, headlight angle, fridge temperature, occasionally tacho language, air fresheners get chucked in a cupboard or side locker.

And a few times I’ve got in it to start my week to find both windows down a couple of inches, but the night heater running at something like 32 degrees. And they have to leave you half a cold brew in the drivers door, must be some EE tradition I think. Oh yes, and despite me keeping a can of air freshener and polish in my bin, they still assume it’s a bin, and a self emptying one at that.

Here endeth the rant.

I have a selectable arm rest in my Axor shed, its the gear lever and is only functional when 8th gear is selected.

Gembo:
I have a selectable arm rest in my Axor shed, its the gear lever and is only functional when 8th gear is selected.

The same in my DAF,but 6th gear suffices for me.However,I tend to lean my wrist on the knob,which unfortunately has given me a sore left wrist :cry:
I can’t for the life of me figure out what is giving me a sore right wrist :confused:

Proper drivers Nick some gaffer tape and a bit of broken pallet and some packing foam/bubble wrap and do a “running repair” .
Grow some…and get on with it !
Or are you agency ?..hehehehehehehehe

Or …
If "Claret John " is from Burnley it explains it all.

My firm operates the way it should be…if I’m off for what ever reason my unit & trailer is parked up in the yard as nobody drives it but me & we never use agency