sad day folks

well folks its all come to a end , when i went for my medical the doc flaged up glocose in my test but didnt seem to make much of it,then about two weeks ago i got a glocose tollerance test from my own doc then again 2 days later and on friday i got the worst news ever diabetes that not being bad enough i went to see doc and its bad insulin kinda bad!!! so unfortunatly my training isnt gonna continue as dont see the point as i wont get the licence once dvla are aware.can i just thank eveyone for there help from this forum… :cry:

dodester:
well folks its all come to a end , when i went for my medical the doc flaged up glocose in my test but didnt seem to make much of it,then about two weeks ago i got a glocose tollerance test from my own doc then again 2 days later and on friday i got the worst news ever diabetes that not being bad enough i went to see doc and its bad insulin kinda bad!!! so unfortunatly my training isnt gonna continue as dont see the point as i wont get the licence once dvla are aware.can i just thank eveyone for there help from this forum… :cry:

Have you read the replies on this thread yet?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50899&start=0&hilit=diabetes

Certainly follow the links on RT.Com and the DVLA site, something may be moving towards a reasonable outcome, seems a shame to give up any training if there is even a small chance it will change.

Mate I am really sorry to hear that but after reading through the post that wheel nut linked there may be hope for you. I wish you and all the others good luck.

gutted for you mate but as others say hope is there dont give up and we all hope for the best outcome for you :cry: jx

take your chanes tell the gp you drive for a living and give him to bily, these people are not stupid and will see you right!!!

Hi dodester, I don’t think it’s all over for you just yet mate… :wink:

Please have a read of this topic: Individual assessments for diabetics, (major edit) - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

I’ve moved your post to the Health and Family Forum, where (IMHO) other diabetic people are far more likely to see it and offer you constructive comments and support.

Good luck mate!! :smiley:

sory to hear that but dont take up bikeing as its so dangerus :frowning:

ED Case:
take your chanes tell the gp you drive for a living and give him to bily, these people are not stupid and will see you right!!!

Got gp on tuesday and it turns out that tablets are all thats needed ,so hopefully if docs satisfied on tuesday she will give me a letter to give to the training comany who have been great and said with my gps letter to say that my medications not got any driving restrictions then i will get back to finish the training ,need fingers crossed on tueday folks :wink:

dodester:

ED Case:

Got gp on tuesday and it turns out that tablets are all thats needed ,so hopefully if docs satisfied on tuesday she will give me a letter to give to the training comany who have been great and said with my gps letter to say that my medications not got any driving restrictions then i will get back to finish the training ,need fingers crossed on tueday folks :wink:

brilliant good news. :wink:

Well i have now got the all clear from doc to drive commercialy and they have given me a letter to cover me with training company so hopefuly get started again in august…

dodester:
Well i have now got the all clear from doc to drive commercialy and they have given me a letter to cover me with training company so hopefuly get started again in august…

That’s good news, I’m dead chuffed for you mate :wink:

Really pleased for you go for it wish you all the best
Jennie x :smiley: :smiley:

Good news mate hope the training goes well

You have to tell the DVLA who will send you a form,put some Copies to it and send it back.DVLA contacts then Your doctor,and send you then a Letter that everything OK and you keep your Licence. That Letter show your Transport Office who will keep a Copy.
If you don’t tell the DVLA,…

all the best mate keep us all posted how you are doing and when you get that 1st job
we will all be waiting for that dairy,