sacked

Dear Old Windsor, Wales’s answer to John Wayne (i loved Wayne), no acting involved what you got was Windsor Davies and non the worse for that.
I first saw him in It Aint 'alf Hot Mum, another program that the snowflakes would have a fit over :laughing: , well as Sgt Major Zero he simply duplicates the role.

all together now in your best rich Welsh lilt ‘‘oh dear how sad never mind Mr lah di dah Gunner Graham’’.

Some of our younger listeners will have to do some googling if they want to discover the delights of real humour before the modern trendies ruined it.

acorn electron, nope haven’t the foggiest.

The Acorn Electron was a poor man’s BBC computer back in the day when it was only a command line interface and graphics consisted of changing the font colour, none of this Windows stuff we have today. And to load an application or game to play you got the tape recorder out (I feel I might need to explain what a tape is to our younger members! :open_mouth:) spending the next 5 minutes hoping it didn’t screw up whilst listening to to all the tones people associate the old modems with. Them were the days! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s sad that the snowflakes can’t/won’t ever show It Aint 'alf Hot Mum on TV again, but I do understand why! :laughing:
Windsor Davies made that show for me, and as I was young I was aware I was only getting some of the humour…
Think I need to look that up again as well, and sorry we’ve hijacked the thread OP! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
The Acorn Electron was a poor man’s BBC computer back in the day when it was only a command line interface and graphics consisted of changing the font colour, none of this Windows stuff we have today. And to load an application or game to play you got the tape recorder out (I feel I might need to explain what a tape is to our younger members! :open_mouth:) spending the next 5 minutes hoping it didn’t screw up whilst listening to to all the tones people associate the old modems with. Them were the days! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s sad that the snowflakes can’t/won’t ever show It Aint 'alf Hot Mum on TV again, but I do understand why! :laughing:
Windsor Davies made that show for me, and as I was young I was aware I was only getting some of the humour…
Think I need to look that up again as well, and sorry we’ve hijacked the thread OP! :smiley:

:laughing: my eyes have been opened haha

tbh if the thread was never made we wouldn’t have no where near as many laughs watching videos last night

Getting sacked is no big deal fella. Some even consider it a badge of honour.

( I stopped taking the badges years ago when my coat ended up weighing 200kgs ).

eagerbeaver:
Getting sacked is no big deal fella. Some even consider it a badge of honour.

( I stopped taking the badges years ago when my coat ended up weighing 200kgs ).

Just the 200kgs you walk about like a beanbag with all the uniform you have collected trying to sell it.

xichrisxi:

Ergot2005:

xichrisxi:
I’ve never agreed with this philosophy that new drivers are expected to have accidents/hit stuff,I managed 9.5 years (4 years rigid,5.5 years artic) from passing til I had my first bump and that was just a light lense on the trailer circa £50 damage I was annoyed because I had set myself a personal target of making the 10 years without incident.
We deliver to some very tight places it’s about taking your time,getting out as many times as needed and taking your time,if people pass there test and have the mindset that it’s ok to have minor bumps because they are newbies then straight away they are setting themselves up to fail.
On the cost side of things I used to work for a company that self insured and EVERY accident regardless of how minor it was cost them £1500,so you can see how that would quickly become an issue 3 accidents @ £1500 a time is £4500 MINIMUM cost to business that could wipe out a trucks profit for 6 months plus the driver will still want paying this is why companies won’t allow multiple accidents regardless of how minor they may be.
Sorry but being a newbie isn’t an excuse you should expect to be able to rely on,accidents cost money and someone has to be held accountable.

I’ll tell you want i think accidents are very much acceptable miss judging a gap, and the such is an error of judgement to a human who is not perfect… BUT hear me out… bad, poor, dangerous driving through lack of care or concentration is very much NOT acceptable IE rear ending a car In my view comes under this heading this is not a miss judgment this is dangerous… of course the car can have a lot to contrbute to this but that’s a different story.

You sir have done well not to have ANY accidents in your near 10 years. I think in general a lot has to do with the type of driving you do area, stress, and the such. Not saying you had an easy job mate just a general comment

If you consider an average of 10-15 drops per day in a artic delivering to small convinience stores on housing estates ect easy then yes I’ve had it easy.
I’ve spoke with drivers before and come to the conclusion that the tighter the drop in general the more care you take,we have drops that are very tight yet no one has had accidents there and we have shops that have acres of room yet that is where most accidents occur.

I don’t want to take sides but I’m with this guy. If you’re stopped you are a lot less ‘at risk’ then when you’re moving. As a class 1 with just 4 days, in deep ■■■■ I’ll just stop. Check the map/nav/location/traffic/situation then GO SLOW and try to get myself out of the ■■■■.
I even reversed back onto a roundabout to avoid a low bridge without any issue that needed raising to the office. Observe, assess, manoever.
It’s your rep. Look after it.

Not bothered reading the whole thread but here’s a little snippet of when I started. FYI, I’m a trainer now, so make of that what you will, lol.

In my second job, which I got 6 months or so after getting my class 2 licence, I did some form of damage on a roughly weekly basis. I soon “earned” the nickname “dangerous dave”. Anyway, I lasted around 14 months there.

Some are more lenient than others, especially if you fess up t “any and all” damage.