Sacked for not wearing mask

As far as the op is concerned, the driver’s a ■■■■■ The judge summed it up pretty well “Kubilius is a details-oriented person who believed he was following the written site instructions.”
Otherwise known as a bloody nit picker.

Deport him back to EE

If that Renault class 2 thing in the pic is what he was driving, he’s much better out of there ffs.

robroy:

fatboystu1:
We go to a site in Sheffield where their policy is you have to wear a mask. Myself and our other driver both use snood type face coverings. He sat and argued the toss with security, with someone else that came out to explain the rule to him, anyone on site that would listen and then complained to me and the transport manager when he got back. I went the next day, security guard told me I had to wear a face mask I showed him my snood “no, has to be a face mask on this site” I told him I didn’t have one and he provided one, I put it on and was in and out in 5 mins. When I come to leave he said to me “that other driver of yours wasn’t having it yesterday, spent half an hour arguing”. I don’t see the problem, their ball their rules. We used to collect from a foundry and they made us wear our hard hats…even when in the wagon!

You’ve just illustrated 2 examples of stupid rules made up by some pompous knobhead in an office.
The purpose of a face covering is as it says on the tin…To cover your face. :bulb:
Does it matter what type it is within reason, I would say my snood is better at keeping my breath and saliva to myself as it is twice as thick as a mask.
As for the hard hat in the cab :open_mouth: :laughing: …Where do I start with that one ffs. :unamused:

Sometimes it’s best just to humour these clowns, and go along with it accompanied by a sarcastic comment, as their stupidity has been displayed by the derisory [zb] rules they have set, so you ain’t ever going to be able to reason with them on a sensible level.

I went one beter the other day. Upon backing onto a bay the other day, the warehouse bod came out with a salvo lock. I had to disconnect the red line, upon which I held my hand out to grab the lock from him. But oh no, apparently we drivers can now not be trusted to fit that, he had to. He also needed my keys (but I could stay in the cab). When I commented on the somewhat odd procedure that HE had to fit the lock, he spouted the standard elfin safty blurb, about drivers driving off, etc. I decided to mess with him, and showed him the shunt button, explaining that it was used to drive without the red airline… his face was a picture, I think he was genuinely worried. He walked of inside mumbling to himself :sunglasses: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Long before Covid, food factories required drivers to wear protective clothing for hygiene reasons, hair net, snood or mask. I have even had to wear blue overshoes, paper one use coveralls and factory supplied boots.

As mentioned, its their train set, so follow their wishes.

Years ago I was delivering to a food producer in Worksop when some harridan came bustling over to me berating me for not wearing a beard snood, “I don’t have a beard” I told her, her response was “but you have a moustache “; my reply was “so do you, but you aren’t wearing one”: I got barred!

Now me, I’d love a Darth Vader mask, complete with sound effects, and the deep booming voice.

Failing that, a Stig helmet.

This should be mandatory for lorry drivers. :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:

fatboystu1:
We go to a site in Sheffield where their policy is you have to wear a mask. Myself and our other driver both use snood type face coverings. He sat and argued the toss with security, with someone else that came out to explain the rule to him, anyone on site that would listen and then complained to me and the transport manager when he got back. I went the next day, security guard told me I had to wear a face mask I showed him my snood “no, has to be a face mask on this site” I told him I didn’t have one and he provided one, I put it on and was in and out in 5 mins. When I come to leave he said to me “that other driver of yours wasn’t having it yesterday, spent half an hour arguing”. I don’t see the problem, their ball their rules. We used to collect from a foundry and they made us wear our hard hats…even when in the wagon!

You’ve just illustrated 2 examples of stupid rules made up by some pompous knobhead in an office.
The purpose of a face covering is as it says on the tin…To cover your face. :bulb:
Does it matter what type it is within reason, I would say my snood is better at keeping my breath and saliva to myself as it is twice as thick as a mask.
As for the hard hat in the cab :open_mouth: :laughing: …Where do I start with that one ffs. :unamused:

Sometimes it’s best just to humour these clowns, and go along with it accompanied by a sarcastic comment, as their stupidity has been displayed by the derisory [zb] rules they have set, so you ain’t ever going to be able to reason with them on a sensible level.

I know what you mean Rob, some places seem to employ people to make up pointless rules, but hey it’s their site as long as it doesn’t impact my day and I’m in and out without holding up its fine. The hard hat one always made us chuckle as well.

I remember loading in some brick yard or another, a few years ago, obligatory full hi viz clown suit needed, and chin strap was a deal breaker life or death situation. :unamused:
The best bit was you had to sit in your cab, passenger seat only…but wearing a hard hat !! :neutral_face:
I was fully expecting seeing a couple of blokes hiding and laughing behind a pack of bricks, filming me,.and taking the ■■■■ that I had actually fell for it,… but it was tragically true, that WAS the rule. :open_mouth: :unamused:

the maoster:
Years ago I was delivering to a food producer in Worksop when some harridan came bustling over to me berating me for not wearing a beard snood, “I don’t have a beard” I told her, her response was “but you have a moustache “; my reply was “so do you, but you aren’t wearing one”: I got barred!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Class.

robroy:
I remember loading in some brick yard or another, a few years ago, obligatory full hi viz clown suit needed, and chin strap was a deal breaker life or death situation. :unamused:
The best bit was you had to sit in your cab, passenger seat only…but wearing a hard hat !! :neutral_face:
I was fully expecting seeing a couple of blokes hiding and laughing behind a pack of bricks, filming me,.and taking the ■■■■ that I had actually fell for it,… but it was tragically true, that WAS the rule. :open_mouth: :unamused:

It’s the cheapest form of arse covering (nothing personal Rob :wink: )
The company can claim to being proactive about safety without actually doing or costing anything. PPE is the last form of safety, removing the hazards is the first, but requires money and effort.

To be somewhat fair to the driver.
The masks are way overkill.
Just keep your distance. Dont touch things unnecessarily and wash your hands often.
The easiest way to catch covid is via touch. You can wear a mask 24/7 but if you have to open a door that a 1000 other people have touched that day and you then touch your nose then your probably gonna risk getting covid lol.

It’s actually really hard to avoid getting covid. The masks dont offer a lot of protection. Unless you are in a confined area with other people then they obviously help.

People are taking it too far though. Check these guys out. They are not even wearing masks. In one of the most disgusting places in the earth. Imagine all the crap in the air down there.

youtube.com/watch?v=3i_axpk0a7Q

I always wear a mask when onsite, and I deffinately will wear one if I have to visit the b@q site at Redhouse as it appears that they have an outbreak of C-19

Maritime leeds wouldn’t let me through the barrier until i put my hi vis on… in the cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen how many people work in the middle of a field wearing hard hats and hi viz, that is what the building trade put up with.

dozy:
As the 1/2 brother is senior Vice President of Tate Lyle I have no problems at Tate & Lyle , and if I did he’d be off the Xmas card list !!!,( as I’m the oldest I’m sure he will take my point of view though )

As your half brother is the senior president (you claim) can you tell us just what are the rules at their place in Silvertown ?, or are you talking about somewhere else ?

I don’t wear one, not in a supermarket or anywhere else. People need to stop been sheep and fight back against this tyranny and brainwashing. It’s cringeworthy watching people obediently putting on their face nappies as soon as they exit their vehicle. I swear, a lot of people are psychologically attached to the mask and find them comforting like a baby does with a dummy

Does it hurt you psychologically or physically if you see people wearing a mask? If the answer’s yes, you should probably seek help from someone suitably qualified. If the answer’s no, you should keep yer beak out of other peoples business.

So what’s next, sacked for not having the jab.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk