S Walker Transport

Just like to put it formally on record, that S. Walker transport are still alive. More importantly it is still alive with a family ownership, which I know will upset all of you doom mongers out there. How they did it - god knows. All that matters in the world of big business and non caring blue chip companies, is that the tide has been reversed and an Independant haulier remains so - dedicated to serving the country in a small but essential way. The future’s bright - the future’s Orange! ( Well red and white… and certainly not Maroon!!! )

I missed that one…who said they died :question:

Maybe sold his yacht lol. The future not being maroon can only be a good thing. It’s good to know that jobs have been saved crack on!!

Simon.

Let me see if i understand this correctly…haulier goes to the brink (or over it?) and then miraculously reincarnates itself, all in the space of a week?

Yes, i am sure that bodes well for the future!

Good news, at least in the very short term, for the drivers…but for how long?

So, have they done a Phoenix?
Gone bust, the miraculously openes back up a couple of days later, under a slightly different name??
Let me guess, most of the assets were transferred to a new company just before going bust?
And the new MD is a family member of the original MD?

Good news for you lads, kept your jobs.

Very, very bad news for the creditors, who’ll take a financial hit from the original company going pop, possibly enough to put them in danger.

To my Knowledge they have not done a Transhaul, nope im pretty certain it was family funding. I would put my mortgage on the fact that they will see creditors right. Put it like this, they arranged for the yard fuel tank to be emptied of its fuel back to the supplier - a local company. Does that give you the impression of a cut and run? Nope - at least not in my book. One wonders if a little too much apathy exists…

As you said Lightning “doomongers” who like nothing better than wallowing in others misfortune. Good luck to Walkers and I hope they can weather it out until things get better!

jo b didnt suit me with the moffet but best of luck to them

Then fair play to them Lightning, sound like a better company than I gave them credit for (I got bitterness, been stung 3 times in 3 months by bad debtors who go bankrupt then keep on trading).