S@K haulage ?Any good info

Try found info about this company.I found who company have just UK,work Benelux country tramping and all EU tramping.If i apply and they give me opportunity that i prefer long trip .But if drivers work long trip that:
1.To what countries they go usually.
2.Are they do just UK-EU -UK or they do as well collection/delivery between EU country??
3.All truck RHD or LHD AS WELL??
4.Money .They pay basic pay and some bonus.This magicbonus depend from what-millege,not missed delivery,accident free driving or■■?
5.What potentional earning possible in this company?
Thank you for any info.

Sarge works for them he’s the best for answers.
I know they use to trunk uk Holland and back all week

rumour as it from a mate that drives all over europe for s&k they’ve just got a £50 a week pay rise …and better bonus
…and he’s earning good money on there …he seems happy enuff …

drhs:
rumour as it from a mate that drives all over europe for s&k they’ve just got a £50 a week pay rise …and better bonus
…and he’s earning good money on there …he seems happy enuff …

fish4.co.uk/job/5548364/hgv- … medium=cpc

From the website advert…“upto £44,720 OTE Per Year + DEDICATED COMPANY VEHICLE+PENSION”

Really? Nearly £45k a year!! In South Wales! :open_mouth:

bullitt:
From the website advert…“upto £44,720 OTE Per Year + DEDICATED COMPANY VEHICLE+PENSION”

Really? Nearly £45k a year!! In South Wales! :open_mouth:

Maybe that’s the absolute that it’s possible to earn maxing out week in week out hitting all the bonuses they dish out and having the wind in the right direction, no accidents etc etc…

I havent worked there myself, but know several people who have. Been told they buy mostly/all 2nd hand trucks, Volvo, RHD, not too old, but with quite a few miles under their wheels. The truck is yours for a trip, be it one week or several, then when you return to work, after time off, you drive whats available. Anyway, thats the way it was. Pay is there, but is well earnt ... £44k? recent pay rise?...dunno..... At £44k per annum, good trucks, in Euroland, why is there any need for any advert■■? Plenty of drivers interested in Eu work at the moment Id say. I havent bumped into too many of their drivers telling me how good their job is. (Well none, and thats a rarity on the ferries). I do know a few who are away from there and not after a re-run. True, ex-drivers rarely say “I was wrong, wish I`d stayed”, but, well, look closely.

Edit: Pension?.. yes, I expect so… but surely every company in the UK now offers a pension?

Franglais:
I havent worked there myself, but know several people who have. Been told they buy mostly/all 2nd hand trucks, Volvo, RHD, not too old, but with quite a few miles under their wheels. The truck is yours for a trip, be it one week or several, then when you return to work, after time off, you drive whats available. Anyway, thats the way it was. Pay is there, but is well earnt ... £44k? recent pay rise?...dunno..... At £44k per annum, good trucks, in Euroland, why is there any need for any advert■■? Plenty of drivers interested in Eu work at the moment Id say. I havent bumped into too many of their drivers telling me how good their job is. (Well none, and thats a rarity on the ferries). I do know a few who are away from there and not after a re-run. True, ex-drivers rarely say “I was wrong, wish I`d stayed”, but, well, look closely.

Edit: Pension?.. yes, I expect so… but surely every company in the UK now offers a pension?

Have you been at the sauce Frang ? Tomorrow morning after a strong café, re-read what you have posted then put it into understandable script for all to read and comprehend. It started quite ok, then drifted into absolute dribble

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

Have you been at the sauce Frang ? Tomorrow morning after a strong café, re-read what you have posted then put it into understandable script for all to read and comprehend. It started quite ok, then drifted into absolute dribble

So I started out in one mode, then reverted to my normal form? Yeah, re-reading it, it seems more “stream of consciousness” than sense!

I think I was trying to say that there are fewer jobs working Eu out of the UK than previously. There are (I think) few of these jobs around offering £44k. The S&K drivers Ive spoken to on the ferries havent been shouting about how well off they: maybe they are a modest unassuming bunch of lads and dont feel the need? Good on em. The drivers I know who left S&K , arent in a rush to return. OK, anyone who left isnt likely to say how mistaken they were. It sounds from the ad that the S&K of a year ago is different from the S&K of today. Has there been a management change? If so, sounds good. Good jobs are rarely advertised, as word of mouth (around ferry ports, routiers) normally ensures a few drivers waiting for any vacancies.
Hope that makes (just a little more) sense.

EDIT: Next time I see one of the current S&K drivers I will most certainly ask about what is happening there at the moment, or ask one of the ex-drivers if they have any news. If the job is as advertised, I`ll then tell you how my new job application is going!

I have call from them and next week i go to interview and after i will be know .Usualy not one people absolutely happy with present job.Near every single driver moaning about money but crying driver basicly not very experienced and can t found something good.At international driving job all the time will be big staff turnover .Because to many drivers want try self in this magic game but after 1-2 years but some drivers after 1-2 month will run out and will try found just UK tramping or simply shift job.

Andrejs:
I have call from them and next week i go to interview and after i will be know .Usualy not one people absolutely happy with present job.Near every single driver moaning about money but crying driver basicly not very experienced and can t found something good.At international driving job all the time will be big staff turnover .Because to many drivers want try self in this magic game but after 1-2 years but some drivers after 1-2 month will run out and will try found just UK tramping or simply shift job.

The guys Im talking about are still in Euro work, but just not for S&K. They are all experienced drivers. As they left, clearly, they wont be fans of the company.
Why do you say Euro companies have a big driver turnover? That hasn`t been my experience. Good companies:those that pay OK money etc will retain workers. All companies have some labour turnover but no more in Euro work than domestic.
Anyway good luck, hope interview works out for you.

Work shy, like to speak about other drivers behind there backs, grassing on each other to bosses for better loads. Made up bonus to suit the old man, in which every driver will say the don’t understand.
My very short time at this place was an eye opener. Take pictures of all damage & you will have damage on every single trailer or they will dock your wage. Simply to cover there loses. Work is slow & realise on one source, which has random shut downs. Resulting in drivers not leaving the yard for days upon end. Office staff keep the poor shower facilities keys so no driver can use out of hours. I really could go on but i was told all this before i started & still went thinking It can’t be that bad. I was wrong , you could slave away here for very little to show for it. P.s not one driver will make £44,000 more like £28,500 TRUTH. But you shall find all this out yourself!

sbp_22:
Work shy, like to speak about other drivers behind there backs, grassing on each other to bosses for better loads. Made up bonus to suit the old man, in which every driver will say the don’t understand.
My very short time at this place was an eye opener. Take pictures of all damage & you will have damage on every single trailer or they will dock your wage. Simply to cover there loses. Work is slow & realise on one source, which has random shut downs. Resulting in drivers not leaving the yard for days upon end. Office staff keep the poor shower facilities keys so no driver can use out of hours. I really could go on but i was told all this before i started & still went thinking It can’t be that bad. I was wrong , you could slave away here for very little to show for it. P.s not one driver will make £44,000 more like £28,500 TRUTH. But you shall find all this out yourself!

In what country they now go if work for 2-3 week away.Just Belgium and France or more■■?

Andrejs:

sbp_22:

In what country they now go if work for 2-3 week away.Just Belgium and France or more■■?

The ones I see are in Caen port, usually to/fro Spain.

I have now good easy job with 29k+.All depend from hours.But i want change for Eu-to some new experience,new challenges.I have ready some EU exp.but can see laty.I want at least average good money and mix of delivery route,country.I don like do same run all the time.Last month i had two opportunity -pass driving assestment but after refused .One company said-we do collection from Hincley and deliverry to South Paris and collection from North of France and back to UK.Another company UK-Italy-Uk.All collection possible from couple place.This job not for me.

Andrejs:
I have now good easy job with 29k+.All depend from hours.But i want change for Eu-to some new experience,new challenges.I have ready some EU exp.but can see laty.I want at least average good money and mix of delivery route,country.I don like do same run all the time.Last month i had two opportunity -pass driving assestment but after refused .One company said-we do collection from Hincley and deliverry to South Paris and collection from North of France and back to UK.Another company UK-Italy-Uk.All collection possible from couple place.This job not for me.

As I said, not the amount of work around that there was, so good luck in your search.