S+k again

Looking for some up to date info on them, wanted ago at euroland, starting with 2 weeks on uk only first, then it,ll be 3 to 4 weeks away which i dont mind, its the pay scheme im mainly looking info on as it seems to be on a teir system??

shipped out with one of there lads last week . he told me they had just got a £40 a week rise continental night out was £35 and uk was still £20 . never mentioned what basicwage was and i never asked . he was happy with them . and he had bin away since august with the odd dodgy night at home in the week when passing past his home

Some drivers have been there years and seemed happy with their lot.
I see some trailers are a bit rusty at the back but the units seem newer than before.
The pay is basic pay then what the lorry earns which they never tell you how much it has earnt.
They do runs to Belgium or you can do Euro work which could be anywhere.Or just the Uk.Loading and reloading for the Euro bound drivers.
Their website needs updating and modernised.

I would say, as you are a new euro driver., just accept what the wages are and get your experience, then after a while if you think the wages aren’t up to much you can go job hunting and have some experience to put on your c.v. I expect people on here will say don’t do it that way, but that’s what I would do if I was new to euro work. Good luck with whatever you do.

Think of it as an apprenticeship. An apprentice earns not very much when they start as they are just “learning” their trade. You are doing much the same. Get some time, miles and countries under your belt, and get a few northern European winters and all that they entail behind you and then you will have some credible experience to try and move up the rung of companies still operating.

Europe is still a huge area and you will have to learn your way around it, especially as it seems to be expanding ever eastwards! Learn the different little rules and regs of the various countries (sorry EU, I mean States :unamused: ) Driving bans and their start finish times for example are a classic way of getting relieved of some serious wedge if you are not aware.

Most of all, enjoy it!! Learn the job first, if you do that right then the money and the big flash trucks will come later! :wink:

Top Truck might come but good money wont not in this game,living wage if your lucky.

kindle530:
I would say, as you are a new euro driver., just accept what the wages are and get your experience, then after a while if you think the wages aren’t up to much you can go job hunting and have some experience to put on your c.v. I expect people on here will say don’t do it that way, but that’s what I would do if I was new to euro work. Good luck with whatever you do.

▲▲▲▲this

A word of advice = don’t wait for the Calais ferry outside our yard. It doesn’t go from Barry Dock!
And yes, somebody did this a few months ago. Sent to Feluy (Belgium), and was seen three hours later sat on the road just up from the yard “I’m waiting for the ferry!” :open_mouth:
Didn’t actually leave - apart from in his car :laughing:

The Sarge:
A word of advice = don’t wait for the Calais ferry outside our yard. It doesn’t go from Barry Dock!
And yes, somebody did this a few months ago. Sent to Feluy (Belgium), and was seen three hours later sat on the road just up from the yard “I’m waiting for the ferry!” :open_mouth:

Classic :laughing:

Surely that driver must have been taking the pee. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I shall avoid casting judgement but I’m guessing he would be safer flipping some burgers in McDonalds, I say that as I don’t eat there!! :laughing:

Certainly a novel (and drawn out) way of handing in your notice…

The Sarge:

I spotted one In Feluy today, but didn’t get the chance to chat to him…

easy job the euro tramping or it was a couple or 3 years ago but the short runs a bit of go go go