S. jones of aldridge

will have to keep me eye out for them

r slicker:
jenklene john ■■ yoyo ■■. eddie the drawbar and pete the drawbar the vicar the monk blimey a few names coming back to me now.

I saw Farmer John in Middlewich on a suttons contract motor.

Dont forget Stig o the dump :stuck_out_tongue: You wouldnt forget the smell :smiley:

is farmer john stiil on the acid job for suttons . last time i bumped in to him was at brentags palce . good old stig a lost cause if evere there was one ,we had the other half of the team working at brits digger barnes every bit as good as stig if you stood down wind :laughing:

which tommy r u on about bcuz my dad (micky talbot) done 27+years at jones and he gave me the information about tommy cuz he used to see him in rushall labour club when he was over here.

gypsy dave works at aquilla with max faulkner.

the flying foden:
is farmer john stiil on the acid job for suttons . last time i bumped in to him was at brentags palce . good old stig a lost cause if evere there was one ,we had the other half of the team working at brits digger barnes every bit as good as stig if you stood down wind :laughing:

Farmer John said that the best job in the world used to be Sammy Jones but as things changed he had to get out. I dont think Suttons suited him very well.

I have seen a lot more Hargreaves motors in France lately so maybe the job will recover. A mate of mine works for Lubrizol and he told me that they are quite busy in Rouen.

when i worked for jones it was a good job apart from the tackle but the money was spot on and the work was very good .farmer john as got a few years in at suttons so it must suite him .as gypsy dave still have his german helmet ?

what was that i heard that jim wier priced a bp job up wrong ?

the bp job was far to big for jones ,they were better off when the subbed it of tank frieght ,then they could do as much or as little as they wanted . when they got the contract they had to do the lot . game over and robo never wanted it .

which tommy r u on about bcuz my dad (micky talbot) done 27+years at jones and he gave me the information about tommy cuz he used to see him in rushall labour club when he was over here.

Tommy Whitehouse. If it the one and the same then he is very much alive and living in Spain.

Did your dad move out to Crete or was there two Mick Talbot’s at Jonses? The Mick i knew owned the Spar in Rushall when he left.

pugwash:

Tommy Whitehouse. If it the one and the same then he is very much alive and living in Spain.

Did your dad move out to Crete or was there two Mick Talbot’s at Jonses? The Mick i knew owned the Spar in Rushall when he left.

Now that must be a fib, an englishman owning a corner shop in Rushall :smiling_imp:

yes there were two m.talbots, young+ old one.

Now that must be a fib, an englishman owning a corner shop in Rushall

…and i now believe its owned by a notsoenlishman…

yes there were two m.talbots, young+ old one.

So i presume we’re talking about two different Tommy’s aswell then?

Mick Farrell, thats another name that springs to mind

yes tommy mattews i was on about, theres loads of names to mention like kenny derry,brian pratt,eddy herin,dave lewis,vince blackwell,the lip,arther morris.go back even furher like jokana,best firm that the midlands ever had that went to bits cuz of bad management when it s.jones.

who are you what is your christian name or nik name tryin to put a face to it, what are you doing in italy.

Hi. I have been looking through these posts with interest to S Jones, has anybody got any pictures of vehicle V 656 00F ERF six wheel unit as i now own this vehicle she is still in S Jones livery.

littlerichard:
Hi. I have been looking through these posts with interest to S Jones, has anybody got any pictures of vehicle V 656 00F ERF six wheel unit as i now own this vehicle she is still in S Jones livery.

I’ve only got a pic of the sister vehicle in Jones’s livery, member Cookie1 is your man,

48386177_10213900763900825_5470762460690513920_n.jpg

DRC00051.jpg

Kenb:

ERF-NGC-European:
One for Cookie here! Robert

with a Seawheel ISO 20’ drum carrier on the trailer

Not Seawheel. The prefix on 20’ Seawheel was SWLU227*** / *

30’ began with SWLU 327.

Sad Anorak Moment :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Great thread by the way!