S. jones of aldridge

poacher58:

Wheel Nut:

curnock:

poacher58:
heres a few of the names i remember ,from jones,s yoyo,mac bird, roger salt micky farrell phil the pom ,john mathews phil stokes ,vince (the rambler)cook, steve bickley amos derry, raving idle, rigamortis,johnny( mr perfect )link brian beard ,barrat homes,gipsy (tommorow is canceled)dave,ernie,dolphin,graham bolton,malcolm,captain tommy,phil kelly,pancho,andy hud,bubbles ,vague billy, vacant,tony cope rambo ,max ,jerry, mouse ,genclean john,stan with his brownhills hotpot, very nice wen the routiers was shut,farmer mick bolton, mick, ?, lip,gorgeous george,mick england ,stig ,morris,the bear, jimmy ,i worked at jones,s for 10 years on and of and i broke bread with so many drivers ,i can see their faces but names have gone ,maybe any x jones,s drivers on her could put up a few more to jog my memory,

loooll,oh god some of those names made my night vague billy,raving idle brilliant.most of them names where still there when i was there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Farmer John went to Suttons. Joe Toole bought his own motor and is lying in the sun being pampered now. :laughing:

:smiley: yes i ran into farmer wen he was on sutton mick from black country went wiv im and smosher smith ,struglin to remember micks last name ,remember he didnt stand fools easily ,if anbody remembers his last name ,he fell out with suttons and i dont know where he ended up,joe gun was never gona av a hard life was he , :imp:

Yes I remember them all with great affection:
Tony Sayce :

S Jones drivers had some fantastic drivers and memorable nicknames. :stuck_out_tongue:

V

Here is N606 when i drove it, we got them in the summer of 1998, i think we had about 14 of them, a lot of the drivers couldnt get on with them because of the twin splitter gearbox but i thought they were ok. This photo was taken at Gaskins Farm nr Faversham in Kent, when i was loading bulk bins going to Billingshurst on its first day with us.I think they were exported when we finished with them.

tommy whitehouse

parked next to digger barnes truck .the trabant .digger must of gone for a shower :astonished: :open_mouth:

the flying foden:
do any of you know what mouse,mozzer gypsy dave, stig .bubbles are doing now i bet willie betz is enjoying yoyo sorting the job out for him :laughing:

On Monday morning the former leg end was gathering some paperwork together and waiting for a lift to Calais & pick up his new truck . Welcome to GBE Yoyo :stuck_out_tongue:

We had a quick natter but am looking forward to meeting him in a routier where a little wine may loosen his tongue :wink:

Wheel Nut:

the flying foden:
do any of you know what mouse,mozzer gypsy dave, stig .bubbles are doing now i bet willie betz is enjoying yoyo sorting the job out for him :laughing:

On Monday morning the former leg end was gathering some paperwork together and waiting for a lift to Calais & pick up his new truck . Welcome to GBE Yoyo :stuck_out_tongue:

We had a quick natter but am looking forward to meeting him in a routier where a little wine may loosen his tongue :wink:

wheel Nut if i know yoyo it wont take much to loosen his lips .but I’m sure it will take a lot to shut him up :laughing:

posted a artice on old ldds about jones might be of intrest to you yoyo gets a mention :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

shunter in the old tank wash

found this pic on eurowheels
[/url]

we still run V657OOF…still goes ok but very basic…has to have a clutch every year but not much more.
we used to have V656 and V658 as well but they were sold a while ago.

wrecktech100:
we still run V657OOF…still goes ok but very basic…has to have a clutch every year but not much more.
we used to have V656 and V658 as well but they were sold a while ago.

wrecktech,can you post a piccy of it ?

with it’s current employer at crick,northamptonshire…they’ve had it quite a while now…firstly running out of manchester with one driver trunking to lichfield,then just anyone used it on uk trunking…now on locals with one driver…occasionly does a tesco’s run at night with a doubledeck fridge(cringe).

courtesy of bubbleman

posted this on another thread i think it belongs on here :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dug this booklet out regarding intermodal work,and their saudi depot 1993