S. jones of aldridge

marathon1975:
Hi is there any chance of you knowing if this truck was a part of s jones fleet the reg is NRE 551L registered in Staffordshire and my dad brought it second hand in the 70s we was pear tree haulage West bromwich

Hi marathon 1975 that unit was not a Jones fleet motor but may have been supplied by S Jones Garages when new when I started there in 1973 99%of the motors had RF 'RE and BF registrations which at that time were Staffordshire numbers .In the early seventys the fleet numbers were in the 200s and reg number matched the fleet number for example LRE284K was fleet number 284 I hope this helps

One for Cookie here! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

with a Seawheel ISO 20’ drum carrier on the trailer

ERF-NGC-European:

Number 300 was one of the few 240 S on the fleet. The names I can remember who had 8 potters was Tutty James Dickey Grantham Peter Ellis and I think Andrew from Leicester may have had one, and I remember Vince Cook had one with a Jennings bubble on the back, going over the water. Good engines that went on forever, but not as good as ■■■■■■■■ 320 14 litre what a great engine they were.

We are holding a S Jones Aldridge workers reunion this Saturday the 26th of October. if you worked there or a relative orked there you are very welcome to come along. this will be the 7th one we have held, I started doing these because the only other time you saw anyone was at someone’s funeral! there is a £5 charge but this includes a buffet and as much free tea and coffee as you can drink, after expenses all the money goes to charity. if anyone is interested please feel free to contact me via PM!

I have only just read your post, so I am to late to meet up with you all, but would really like to come to the next one and see you all again.
Best Wishes Mick.

does anyone remember s jones of aldridge fleet ?

yep. worked there for a long time. the “290” squadron.

was there from 95-2001 on the general side.have you got any photos of the trucks

did a couple of years on there on the tanks, one of the best job’s going at the time . had some good lads working for them as well . yo yo, gypsy dave, mouse, terry and john plant, talcom malcom .sadly taken over by hargreaves

wating for the ferry at villa san giovanni to messina
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

roberts wash at lyon
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

have been trying to upload some photos for over an hour,but i cant find the steering wheel.wheres me ammer !

Saw a couple of S.Jones motors in Yugo bound for the M/E on one trip in the late '70’s.Never saw them down that way again.

i know they had drivers based out there at one time

the company they part owned was trans arabian, the also had a ERF agent down there called star Commercial. a few lads did the overland stuff when they set it up .but after that they would fly down there to work

wonder where simon and “scratch” are these days ■■. simon was ok bloke.

the only one i have any contact with is talcom mlacom .a lot of the old tanker lads went to work for willie betz . one or two retired tommy went to spain .and sadly brian beards as passed away wingnut retired to irleand . buffalo breath had a big win on the lottery and went camping in wales :laughing:

jenklene john ■■ yoyo ■■. eddie the drawbar and pete the drawbar the vicar the monk blimey a few names coming back to me now.

jenklene john retired after his wife died and he found out he had diabetes,
and yoyo he went to work for Mr betz . i think vomit is still with hargreaves as far as i know