S J Bargh lancaster

Hi,

Usual questions, what are they like to work for? What’s the job like? Would be looking at tramping if that helps to answer.

And will they take on someone who has got 3 years class 1 experience but non on tanks and only just done a tanks course?

Thanks

They were/are advertising for drivers at their stoke depot both class one & two saying no experience necessary full training given so assume you’d be ok on that front.

I know somebody at the Stoke depot who got on with only a couple of months driving experience and nothing at all on tanks so I’d say you’ll be okay.

Pulling re-load tanks is the easiest job in the world ,just remember to vent it when tipping and washing and that’s about it. Farm collections is a different story!

GOG47:
Pulling re-load tanks is the easiest job in the world ,just remember to vent it when tipping and washing and that’s about it. Farm collections is a different story!

I do farms on tanks (liquid animal feeds), your either going to love it with all its challenges or absolutely hate it, I love it. Though my jobs taking on more human consumption loads now between dairies.
on the farms its fantastic in summer but flies are a pain in the arse, in the winter… Winter is a pain in the arse… In the countryside… The countryside is a pain in the arse, and I honestly can’t think of a better driving job :sunglasses:

What’s farm work like (for milk) on an artic? Normally only see the rigids. I take it the office only send artics to the bigger farms where you can actually get in and turned round ok?

Rowley010:
What’s farm work like (for milk) on an artic? Normally only see the rigids. I take it the office only send artics to the bigger farms where you can actually get in and turned round ok?

A neighbours lad has just left Bargh’s at Ashbourne after several years (he has moved to Scotland so nothing to do with the company) and was on milk artics, however his work was just taking milk from Ashbourne to Acton creamery daily so no farm work involved. He then went onto collecting/delivering vinegar for them which did involve nights away.

Pete.

Most farms will fit an articulated wagon in, we go in and bulkers go in to deliver food and bedding.
granted, a lot are extremely tight for an articulated wagon but you soon find a technique to get around them, now access roads, that’s a complete other issue :laughing:
and don’t always believe the farmer on the phone.

if youre looking for tramping in that area, Canute at Milnthorpe might be worth a try…

Easy work, good kit and good planners. Drivers leave because they don’t like the shift patterns as you end up working a lot of weekends, bank holidays, Christmas etc. It’s 6/2 or 5/2 then 3. Money is average, depending on the shift pattern for the week you’ll bank between £540 and £610 a week. Not great but the work is a doddle and you’ll spend most of your time asleep or eating in subsidised canteens in the dairies. After a couple of months you’ll of done all of them so won’t be going to new places. On reload you will do a few farms but not many, mostly dairies out of reload sites. They give you a weeks training and send you out with another driver for a few days after that while you find your feet. I’d highly recommend giving it a try, beats sitting in rdcs