S/c for morrisons

we now do some work for them,another driver claims he saw the price they pay for one of the store drops,he said it was £---------,it seemed good to me as it was empty running previously,its that what morrisons pay-a set price,are all jobs priced the same,how do they price it up.ta
n.b did a search but couldnt find anything other than £200 fine for failed delivery ,nothing on prices.ta

i was going to put a truck on nights for them last year, 2 jobs a night , run everywhere at 45mph so you dont get back too quick but they only wanted to pay £300 a night for it, i didnt bother in the end

They might pay Eddie a decent rate but any small outfit they’ll offer a pint of ■■■■ too and good luck getting any work in January.

About five years ago they were paying £320 for a ten hour shift irrespective of where you went. Some shifts you went from Wakefield to Bradford a couple of times but other times you were as far as Leicester or Market Drayton. Swings and roundabouts, steady work.

tbh i still wouldnt have done it for 320

we used tip morrisons kettering,then run empty to annesley,then reload
now do ,tip morr kettering,reload morr kettering,tip swadlincote,then reload annesley
mate recons hes seen a price of £135,its about 1 hr 20 mins from kettering to swadlincote,tipped in about 45 mins,i thought that was quite good,seeing as it pretty much on way up from kettering to annesley[would be empty running normally],i just wonderd how theyd price it,ta

I’m reasonably sure they price it on a mileage basis, but don’t know what the mileage rate actually is. Burton Latimer to Swadlincote is 60 miles so the £135 rate works out at £2.25 per mile which is poor or passable dependng on your point of view. If it’s a case of the store delivery journey fitting snugly in to a daily duty and reducing empty mileage it’s probably worth doing but imho it needs to be put in context of the full day to see if it is of benefit overall. Short journeys like this really need to be costed in terms of time spent loading / travelling / tipping rather than the pure A to B mileage.

My lot do some store delivery work for Aldi in the south west, I’ll check the rates we get to see how they compare.

From what I know about working for Morrison’s (and we get frequent requests from Morrison’s Primary looking for assistance) they rarely are willing to pay what I’m looking for, moan about fuel surcharge etc etc. Although I should add that enquiries received are generally looking for help with depot to depot trunks etc rather than store deliveries.

Simon71:
My lot do some store delivery work for Aldi in the south west, I’ll check the rates we get to see how they compare

Can confirm we get similar levels of rates from Aldi. As I see it the viability of these loads and the rates paid depends entirely on the store deliveries fitting in with existing work flows (which in our case it does).