Russian Roulette

chloelovesfur:
Wouldn’t you spill the champagne whist driving ? lol :grimacing:

No. We all know that you don’t drink and drive. You pull over and finish the bottle. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

chloelovesfur:

No. We all know that you don’t drink and drive. You pull over and finish the bottle. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Any chance you could save a drop for Chloe ? Quite like sharing it sometimes !

chloelovesfur:

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

chloelovesfur:

Any chance you could save a drop for Chloe ? Quite like sharing it sometimes !

Never mind the champagne, what about spilling a proper brew whilst driving on those terrible roads… :wink:

Hi Patrick. When I was running down from Moscow to the Polish border I used to leave Moscow
in the morning and drive to Smolensk. I would fill up with diesel there, park up and boil the kettle.
Having made a cup of coffee I would fill my flask with hot water. As I drove the rest of the way to Poland
I would make coffee as I drove, using the water from the flask.

But, the key to this was that I knew that road like the back of my hand.
So, I knew exactly where it was safe to do that. Then, I never filled the cup right up.
However, I did have some exciting moments doing that.

My coffee maker. I would set it up ready to brew when I left where I was parked.
Just before I got to where I was going to stop next I would switch it on.
As soon as I stopped I could have a cup of fresh brewed coffee.

Mick

Vodka Cola Cowboy:
Hi Patrick. When I was running down from Moscow to the Polish border I used to leave Moscow
in the morning and drive to Smolensk. I would fill up with diesel there, park up and boil the kettle.
Having made a cup of coffee I would fill my flask with hot water. As I drove the rest of the way to Poland
I would make coffee as I drove, using the water from the flask.

But, the key to this was that I knew that road like the back of my hand.
So, I knew exactly where it was safe to do that. Then, I never filled the cup right up.
However, I did have some exciting moments doing that.

My coffee maker. I would set it up ready to brew when I left where I was parked.
Just before I got to where I was going to stop next I would switch it on.
As soon as I stopped I could have a cup of fresh brewed coffee.

Mick

Didn’t there used to be a Trucker’s mug? Narrow at the top? I have a faint memory of one. I remember some lads going on about it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don’t know about that Johnny, but there used to be those plastic baby mugs, with the tiny teet on the top.
Probably the best thing that you could buy then for coffee on the go!

Well, the final upload has gone through and the book should be available from Amazon,
hopefully around the 20th of November. Obviously, I will keep you posted.

Those of you who are really switched on will notice that I have corrected the 2 spelling mistakes on the back of the cover.
Those that haven’t noticed, well never mind.

Obviously, this is the must have Christmas present for 2017 :slight_smile:

Mick

Vodka Cola Cowboy:
Don’t know about that Johnny, but there used to be those plastic baby mugs, with the tiny teet on the top.

Hello Mick

Found the mug with the narrow opening - in the USA.

Your alternative is also rather good. [emoji3]

Regards
Johnny

jsutherland:

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

Hello Mick

Regards
Johnny

Well done Johnny. That would do the job.

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

jsutherland:

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

Hello Mick

Regards
Johnny

Well done Johnny. That would do the job.

That’s the one I still use Johnny, you might have seen it last time you climbed aboard :wink:

Tried making a brew twice whilst driving, wasn’t much of a success to put it mildly… never was any good in doing multiple tasks at the same time…

A photo of my friend Cyril Gardner’s truck as he left Brest heading for Moscow.
Note the black and white snow pole beside the road to show where the verge was.
That is probably the only one that you saw beside the road for all of the 1,050 kilometres to Moscow from Brest.

The Russians took the rest home for firewood, I believe.

Mick

Just to let everyone know that the new book, “The Champagne Truckers” has been launched and is now available through Amazon.
Amazon are selling both the paperback and Kindle versions. The Kindle is available through Kindle Unlimited and Kindle Library as well.
I hope very much that you enjoy it.

Mick

Thanks for updating us Mick, just off to Amazon now to get my copy on Kindle Unlimited.
Les.

kickstart:
Thanks for updating us Mick, just off to Amazon now to get my copy on Kindle Unlimited.
Les.

I hope that you enjoy it Les. Let me know.

Just a quick update, I’m 70% through the book, and so far I am having a job to put it down to do the jobs that “she who must be obeyed” deem more important than reading. I have never been to Russia, and from Mick’s stories about working there in the 90’s I am glad that I only drove a wagon in the UK. I don’t think that I would have cut it like Mick and the others who did drive there did at the time. I am one of those who always get pulled out of the crowd at customs for a search (it must be my honest face!) so would have been useless at border crossings.
Les.

STOP PRESS! Just finished reading Mick’s book.
I have got to say that if anyone is thinking of getting this book then do not hesitate. It is well written, informative, and of interest to anyone who is “into” trucks, travel and other countries way of life. I have not yet read “Vodka Cola Cowboys”, but it is on the list to get. If it is as interesting as this one and “Trucking Magic” then I won’t be disappointed.
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to put your experiences down in book form Mick. It has been great to read about your life as a wagon driver.
I hope that your health problems go away and you get to enjoy a long and happy retirement, you have certainly earned it!!
Les.

kickstart:
STOP PRESS! Just finished reading Mick’s book.
I have got to say that if anyone is thinking of getting this book then do not hesitate. It is well written, informative, and of interest to anyone who is “into” trucks, travel and other countries way of life. I have not yet read “Vodka Cola Cowboys”, but it is on the list to get. If it is as interesting as this one and “Trucking Magic” then I won’t be disappointed.
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to put your experiences down in book form Mick. It has been great to read about your life as a wagon driver.
I hope that your health problems go away and you get to enjoy a long and happy retirement, you have certainly earned it!!
Les.

Thanks for your very kind words Les. I am really glad that you enjoyed reading the new book.
I apologise to your wife for distracting you from the jobs that you should have been doing.
It is a shame that Old Pond haven’t released Vodka Cola on KU and KOLL.
I am sure that you will like Vodka Cola, when you do get to read it.
Thanks very much for your good wishes about my health. Unfortunately that won’t go away
but I have to make the most of what time is available to me.
Take care mate

Mick

Hello Mick,

I’ve just started to read the Kindle version of “The Champagne Truckers”, having already read and thoroughly enjoyed your two previous books. “The Vodka-Cola Cowboy” was the first truck driving-related book I ever read, and it spurred me on to become a trucker myself after years of doubting that I’d ever achieve my long-held ambition to become one; at the grand old age of 40, I recently passed my Class 2 test and expect to do my Class 1 in the near future. All the best!

• James aka Doggage ^^

Doggage:
Hello Mick,

I’ve just started to read the Kindle version of “The Champagne Truckers”, having already read and thoroughly enjoyed your two previous books. “The Vodka-Cola Cowboy” was the first truck driving-related book I ever read, and it spurred me on to become a trucker myself after years of doubting that I’d ever achieve my long-held ambition to become one; at the grand old age of 40, I recently passed my Class 2 test and expect to do my Class 1 in the near future. All the best!

• James aka Doggage ^^

Hi Doggage. I am really pleased that you have finally gone ahead and followed your dream.
I wish you all the best as a trucker.
Hope that you enjoy “Champagne” mate.
Just one thing. If you go down the trucking road and it doesn’t work out, please don’t blame me :laughing: :laughing:

No, I am sure that you will be fine. Enjoy the new career

Mick

Cheers, Mick. I really appreciate your reply. Hopefully, my new career should see me through to the end of my working life, and perhaps beyond :smiley:

• James aka Doggage