Russian Roulette

So the conclusion to all that is, it was a bad day, nevermind who you were… :wink:
Still, quite sommat to have witnessed, especially in a time when “foreigners” weren’t around that many…

Aye, v.d. Heijden comes to mind, doing Mars work, don’t know if they’re still running though…?

I forgot to ask on many occasion , but, did you ever went back after you left Moscow?

Cheers, Patrick

kmills:
Van der Heijden in Veghel did Mars to and from Holland iirc.

Yeah, thanks mate. It was Van der Heijden. If I remember right the Mars factory was at Veghel.

pv83:
So the conclusion to all that is, it was a bad day, nevermind who you were… :wink:
Still, quite sommat to have witnessed, especially in a time when “foreigners” weren’t around that many…

Aye, v.d. Heijden comes to mind, doing Mars work, don’t know if they’re still running though…?

I forgot to ask on many occasion , but, did you ever went back after you left Moscow?

Cheers, Patrick

Hi Patrick. Yeah. I went back on holiday a few times. The last time was in 2005. Even by then I had noticed a great change in the city. It had westernised a lot.

Interesting news. I have just been informed by the Library of Congress, in Washington D.C. that The Vodka Cola Cowboy has been added to their shelves.
Hopefully their Congressmen and women will get to read it.

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

Interesting news. I have just been informed by the Library of Congress, in Washington D.C. that The Vodka Cola Cowboy has been added to their shelves.

Great news for you!!

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Awaiting vol 2. :smiley:

This article may be of intrest ?

(Click on pages twice to magnify to read.)

biggriffin:
Awaiting vol 2. :smiley:

Hi biggriffin. Glad that you obviously enjoyed the book. I have two new books that I am working on and will let everyone know once there is a decision about releasing another one.

DEANB:

Hi DEANB.
Thanks for putting the article on here. It is really interesting.
The Kamaz was a workhorse that you saw all over the USSR. The tractor units were 4 x 2, or 6 x 4. They also produced 6 x 4 rigids.
The tractor units used on long distance internal haulage had one bunk but were usually double manned. The drivers took it in turn to sleep on the bunk.

jsutherland:

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

Great news for you!!

Finally some proper literature over there :wink:

I’ve received some footage of a former colleague of mine, he undertook a trip to Naltsjik near the Georgian border with some cattle.
Road conditions haven’t changed a wee bit since the last time you were there Mick… :wink:

Some really great pics Patric! When did he do this trip?

Danne

Top pictures Patrick! Some friends you’ve got

Dirty Dan:
Some really great pics Patric! When did he do this trip?

Danne

I will pass on the message mate :wink:
Was quite recently, just last month if I’m not mistaken…

jsutherland:

Aye, and then there’s me, going to France just about every week… :laughing:
That’s the same mate that has done the Ethiopia gig Johnny, he’s still got that “flame” burning inside of him :wink:

DEANB:

Nice article Dean, reminds me of a documentary I once saw on the telly, was about a driver doing multi-drop work somewhere in the Ural region in wintertime. He too drove a day cabbed Kamaz and due to the “harsh” temperatures he added some kerosine into his dieseltank to avoid the freezing up…to save some diesel he decided to switch the engine off (at minus 45 that is,he only had a blanket to keep warm…), couldn’t get it up and running the next morning, after some attempts, he walked to the village where he was due to tip, asked for help, got back with half the village anf they started building fires under the tank and engine…don’t know how long it took them, but he got it running in the end…

Not sure how the Russians would descripe this sort of snow situation…bearing in mind that they’ve got about a 100 words for the same white stuff :laughing:

pv83:

jsutherland:

Aye, and then there’s me, going to France just about every week… :laughing:
That’s the same mate that has done the Ethiopia gig Johnny, he’s still got that “flame” burning inside of him :wink:

Ethiopa? Now what have i missed? :open_mouth:

Danne

Hey, still always very interesting, now I 'm getting dreams of moving off for Wladiwostok :smiley: :smiley: hopefully after tipping a call for a return load somewhere in Japan. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Eric,