Russell Davis

Hi Guys do any of you have any pictures of the above please. C

If you haven’t already, you wanna get the book ‘One Eleven Squadron’ by Simon Waspe, plenty of pics in there.

PM Euromat, he can sort you a copy.

its funny, i know Simon Waspe quite well, but didnt know he was writing a book on Russell Davies when he was, hence i didnt give him my photos from when i worked for them in Diss Norfolk, and thats why my name isnt in the book, although i drove 3 or 4 lorries for them. I drove H658 AMF the one with the union jack in the back of the cab, it was one of 2 lorries i got brand new, but someone elses name is in the book as being the driver. It is a cracking book thou.

This is my dad with an ex RD 142 that he was the driver of for MacHayes, first trip for this motor for MacHayes (Switzerland)

same motor after a visit to the paintshop

Thanks for these guys what I am really after is some eurostars with containers just before the sell out to SOCL, C

it wouldnt have been hard to say that when you wrote your post would it :question:

Here are some I have found around the net, does any body have any of them down at Newhaven when they took over (for about a week).

Russell Davies TurboTech.jpg

Russell Davies TurboTech 4x2.jpg

Russel Davies EuroTech.jpg

Thank you so much guys Regards Craig

These could be a great thread, Russell Davies was one of the country’s most successful hauliers with a stunning fleet.

One or two here taken from Bob Hobbs site transportphotos.com/road/photos

CZC00057-22.jpg
JLC00174-2.jpg
JLC00235-25.jpg
JLC00241-24.jpg

CraigR:
Thanks for these guys what I am really after is some eurostars with containers just before the sell out to SOCL, C

Didn’t think they had any EuroStars, did they? Here’s a couple from Truckfest '57 :wink: Sorry, photos of photos.

photo 2 (640x478).jpg

I know its not quite what your after but see it today and thought Id post :slight_smile:

Did you get anymore photos from todays crowfield rally mate ?. i went with the mrs but didnt take my camera as it was ■■■■■■■ it down when i left home.

Unfortunately not, Literally took that picture on my way out as I wanted to show it to my dad as he used to drive for them years back!

Roger Breaker:
Didn’t think they had any EuroStars, did they?

No they didnt, they had Eurotechs.

evergreen