RuralRhodes

I’m guessing RuralRhodes doesn’t want anyone to go and drive a truck in Canada by all his posts :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

scaniaman:
I’m guessing RuralRhodes doesn’t want anyone to go and drive a truck in Canada by all his posts :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yeah and I think he’s right. It’s exactly the same as us Brits not wanting the Eastern European’s coming here to work for peanuts too.

we’ll have the last laugh were sending them girlietrucker :laughing: :wink:

alix776:
we’ll have the last laugh were sending them girlietrucker :laughing: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Very good!

My ISP goes down for one day and when I get back I find a loose cannon from the backwoods dragging up 2 year old posts and doing his best to make us all break the rules.
Just want to say that I am chuffed to bits with the restraint everybody has shown in the face of this onslaught.
Best way to deal with him? Check out Harry’s contribution, ‘The Lumberjack’s Song’. Priceless. Nice one Harry. Humour not brickbats :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Another one might be ‘How to Handball a Canuck’ - I think that was the title :unamused: :smiley:

Rob K:

scaniaman:

Yeah and I think he’s right. It’s exactly the same as us Brits not wanting the Eastern European’s coming here to work for peanuts too.

Peanuts? I would expect little else from you. So you understand, although I doubt you will believe it because it doesn’t fit with your idea, I earn the same rate for my work as any other driver on the company. The same, Rob, not less. The companies send people over to the UK to hire people to drive for them. People respond to their adverts and get hired on their worth. They come here and receive full training and support, which is completely different to the Eastern ‘drivers’ that come to the UK.
As usual, you are showing your complete ignorance of a subject, and encouraging people to continue with foolish and ridiculous threads.
Rural may not want Brits over here, but he/she/it is in a minority. You are jumping on a another bandwagon without the information needed to hold a sensible discussion.
Wind your neck in, you probably want to come out here but lack the necessary experience for most of the reputable firms. I can put you in touch with some who will take on newbies if you like.

bobthedog:
[As usual, you are showing your complete ignorance of a subject, and encouraging people to continue with foolish and ridiculous threads.

Calm down Bob, that remark was a model of restraint for Rob I thought :wink: and has a grain of truth in it, maybe not for the ‘peanuts’ jibe, but as a comment on the comparison of RR’s dislike of immigrants to a recurring theme in Britain.
Just for the record, after I emigrated my pay rates were the same as all the other 50 odd drivers - low :cry: :unamused: . But then I didn’t come here for the money :wink: :slight_smile:

Same with me, Spardo. Money here is not as great as Britain, but the quality of life is better and cheaper so it’s worthwhile.
I was calm. I can never understand why some have to jump up and spout about things they don’t understand.
Agreeing with nonsense like that from VI is inciting more trouble. It may put people off following their goals through. They neither of them know the real score. They opine and sneer and it’s harmful and acerbic.
Me, I’m really mellow! :smiley:

Spardo:

bobthedog:
[As usual, you are showing your complete ignorance of a subject, and encouraging people to continue with foolish and ridiculous threads.

Calm down Bob, that remark was a model of restraint for Rob I thought :wink: and has a grain of truth in it, maybe not for the ‘peanuts’ jibe, but as a comment on the comparison of RR’s dislike of immigrants to a recurring theme in Britain.
Just for the record, after I emigrated my pay rates were the same as all the other 50 odd drivers - low :cry: :unamused: . But then I didn’t come here for the money :wink: :slight_smile:

but surely david therein lies the rub… you were paid the same as your newfound countrymen… not less as are the majority of newcomers to england

JB:
[ but surely david therein lies the rub… you were paid the same as your newfound countrymen… not less as are the majority of newcomers to england

Allegedly :wink: . Does anybody know for sure? I certainly don’t. Anyway the reason I added that was just to head off any accusations (from any direction) that I had been taking a Frenchman’s job by undercutting him.

You stupid simple minded foreign goofs can’t seem to figure out that you’re not being paid the same.
You’re scabs and they hired you because they’re scabs.
Every ■■■■ one of those people that has to go to a foreign company is a scab company that nobody will work for.
That outfit in Steinbach that your puppy dog friend is so proud of has tried every thing to get people to work for them but now they’ve figured out (temporarily) how to get you scabs to work for them.
Nobody wants to work for those Mennonite companies.
There are no bigger thieves than Bible thumpers.
They’re scabs and you people are scabs.
They can’t afford the Hindus so they want you people.
You can’t even be a man if you can’t go down the street and look another man in the eye.
You people are lower than the lowest form of life.
You’re very British. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Well I’ll tell you what Miss RuralRhodes.

I’m not British by birth and I do not live in the UK. I’m not scabbing anybody’s job because I have built up a company that employes 16 people.

But you are [zb] and personally I can’t imagine why the mods haven’t banned you.

Edited for personal attack Rikki

David Miller:
But you are a[zb]and personally I can’t imagine why the mods haven’t banned you.

Because, David, until this morning, offensive though he/she is, it hasn’t actually crossed the boundary line to personal attack. The above bile, for instance, is just generally insulting. However, if you read the ‘Foreigners’ thread you will see that one post has been removed and a warning has been given.

bobthedog:

Rob K:

scaniaman:

Peanuts? I would expect little else from you. So you understand, although I doubt you will believe it because it doesn’t fit with your idea, I earn the same rate for my work as any other driver on the company. The same, Rob, not less. The companies send people over to the UK to hire people to drive for them. People respond to their adverts and get hired on their worth. They come here and receive full training and support, which is completely different to the Eastern ‘drivers’ that come to the UK.
As usual, you are showing your complete ignorance of a subject, and encouraging people to continue with foolish and ridiculous threads.
Rural may not want Brits over here, but he/she/it is in a minority. You are jumping on a another bandwagon without the information needed to hold a sensible discussion.
Wind your neck in, you probably want to come out here but lack the necessary experience for most of the reputable firms. I can put you in touch with some who will take on newbies if you like.

:grimacing: :grimacing:

But you ARE doing exactly what the Poles are doing over here. Working for peanuts at the companies that the locals won’t touch with a barge stick. RR has pointed this out to you about million times now but you can’t see it. Just because you’re being paid the same as a Canadian does not mean that that’s alright. The Canadian’s won’t work there and have gone elsewhere where there’s proper money on offer and you’ve filled their place. It’s just like the Poles over here working for the same £6/hr that our drivers would have got paid if they hadn’t opened their eyes, realised they’re being fleeced and gone elsewhere.

As for me wanting to go out there, well :grimacing: you clearly don’t know me very well. :unamused:

I think you should try it out there Rob you & Rural would make good mates,But he/she might get jealous if you start earning that £48k

greek:
I think you should try it out there Rob you & Rural would make good mates,But he/she might get jealous if you start earning that £48k

Up to £51k now Greek, and 3.5 months to go still :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:
[
But you ARE doing exactly what the Poles are doing over here. Working for peanuts at the companies that the locals won’t touch with a barge stick.

and then:

Just because you’re being paid the same as a Canadian does not mean that that’s alright.

Is it me, or are these two statements just a bit contradictory? :open_mouth:

and the final flourish:

As for me wanting to go out there, well you clearly don’t know me very well.

Shame :cry: , I hear Vancouver Island is a nice spot for a Yorkshireman :unamused: :smiley: .
Are we sure RR is really a Canuck? :laughing:

Rob K:

greek:

are you looking for an accountant or a pat on the back?

airhorn98:

Rob K:

greek:

are you looking for an accountant or a pat on the back?

Someone to take the big wooden spoon off me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Spardo:

Rob K:
[
But you ARE doing exactly what the Poles are doing over here. Working for peanuts at the companies that the locals won’t touch with a barge stick.

and then:

Just because you’re being paid the same as a Canadian does not mean that that’s alright.

Is it me, or are these two statements just a bit contradictory? :open_mouth:

:confused: Makes perfect sense to me.