Running ps3 in truck

Iv tried to run my ps3 (80gb) in my truck of a 150watt inverter. It just buzzes and won’t work. It works fine in the house. Just bought a 300watt inverter this doesn’t work either. Inverter runs other stuff no prob. Any ideas?

Cheap inverters are square wave.
Sensitive electronic equipment, laptops etc. often do not like square wave while more basic equipment will be perfectly happy with it so that may be the problem.

More expensive inverters are sine wave which should be as good as household electricity.

There is an in between called something like modified square wave which may work.

Beard plus Sandals = Science. :slight_smile:

I thought I was going low with 300 watt inverters, you can get 600, 900 & 1200 watt ones.

Silverline 300watt 12 volt inverter is very loud on the fan.

Skytronic 300watt 24 volt inverter has lasted at least a year & is very quiet with the fan hardly kicking in at all.

Silver_Surfer:
Beard plus Sandals = Science.

Not quite! You missed out socks! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

Silver_Surfer:
Beard plus Sandals = Science.

Not quite! You missed out socks! :smiley:

I know, I don’t quite have the juice for the socks angle :slight_smile:

I’m gonna get a you tube now.

Couldn’t find the ■■■■ & sandals one but got this instead:

youtu.be/lLuzq1GKuao

Quite simply with an inverter, you will get what you pay for!

As the post above states, a cheap inverter will generate a square wave and not a smooth sine wave. This is because the electronics that generate a positive/negative cycle at 50Hz in a cheap inverter will be crude (at best), and may not work on more sensitive electrical equipment. So spend as much as you can afford on a quality piece of kit, and appreciate that it’s not all about the power rating it can deliver.

150 watts? they make them that low. As said previously, and like many thing in life, you get what you pay for. buy cheap pay twice is a motto that springs to mind. My 2500Watt pure sine wave runs a dream. It`ll happily power the 32inch TV, Xbox microwave and laptop all at the same time but i do need to start the engine to boil the kettle for a cuppa. that serves me right for getting a cheap kettle from Tescos lol.

Criscros6:
Iv tried to run my ps3 (80gb) in my truck of a 150watt inverter. It just buzzes and won’t work. It works fine in the house. Just bought a 300watt inverter this doesn’t work either. Inverter runs other stuff no prob. Any ideas?

Personally if rather play with a woman than a video game:grin:

ah i see thanks for the replies. how do you wire one of these inverters in because they just come with clips for the battery i presume. surely there must be a better way?

Criscros6:
ah i see thanks for the replies. how do you wire one of these inverters in because they just come with clips for the battery i presume. surely there must be a better way?

did you manage to find out how to do this?