Running out from Birkenhead Docks

Fed up with doing a 45 mile round trip to my place of work and giving a wedge of my wages to the diesel taxman and merseytunnel I’m looking for a new job.
Speaking to a driver in work he said I’m ideally located to drive for an Irish firm running out of Birkenhead docks (5 min drive away). Ive never thought of doing it before but it sounds ideal, park the unit up at the dock everynight and back in time to pick a trailer up in the morning. Apperently they pay well too? Anyone any info of good firms to work for, how it works with having no UK base, pay etc

Don’t know much about their pay and conditions but the following firms all run out of Birkenhead and use English based drivers, GTS, Mulgrews and Maxwell haulage give any of them a ring and you may get a start

Thanks mate

Sooner or later…

‘Team Tang’ will be here and tell you how fantastic it’s gonna be pulling fer the Paddies.

some of it will be true

yourhavingalarf:
Sooner or later…

‘Team Tang’ will be here and tell you how fantastic it’s gonna be pulling fer the Paddies.

Lol no self respecting tang would work out of Birkenhead, the works to easy and not enough tar :smiley:

some of it will be true

mazzer:
Don’t know much about their pay and conditions but the following firms all run out of Birkenhead and use English based drivers, GTS, Mulgrews and Maxwell haulage give any of them a ring and you may get a start

GTS wages were a complete joke couple of yrs ago but may have improved.
Mulgrew prob a good bet Not sure about Maxwell but worth a Phone Call.

McCulla will bite your arm off and don’t be afraid to “haggle” the wages with TM Brian Beattie as they are DESPERATE with a big D!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Desperate doesn’t sound good but thanks I’ll send my CV out. Anyone with any info of how these firms operate with no uk base? Vehicle maintenance, downloading tacho card etc

Nate187:
Desperate doesn’t sound good but thanks I’ll send my CV out. Anyone with any info of how these firms operate with no uk base? Vehicle maintenance, downloading tacho card etc

With NI firms your wasting your time sending out CVs as far too “posh”,
get on the blow’er is all you need.

Some will ship a truck/trailer out to you next day!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

If you don’t mind flat trailers, Oliver transport coleraine are using a few English based drivers , fresh man Lorry, run legit ,no ■■■■■■■■ operation,expect plenty of strapping and a few covered loads of steel
Contact Andrew .