Running bent.

I was chatting to a guy yesterday who was bragging he’d be leaving bellshill running down to keele where he’d put his card in. Go down to enfield then run back.
There’s no point in judging the legality but why would anyone brag to a stranger when his company name is on side of truck not to mention his reg no?

Sounds like lesser spotted rdc bser to me yes you could get away with it 10 years ago but not these days well you could buy you’d have to be stupid to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first rule of Bent Club is…

I reckon he just said it to see the look on your face. :laughing:

Even ten years ago you couldn’t get away with running several hundred kilometres without having a card in. Haven’t these people heard of the V trace?

Harry Monk:
Even ten years ago you couldn’t get away with running several hundred kilometres without having a card in. Haven’t these people heard of the V trace?

Probably not, Harry…

There’s always the phantom driver Harry but as has been said you’d have to be a real one cell to boast about it at an rdc god I glad I don’t do rdc any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:

Interruption to the electrical supply (wire, magnet or pulled fuse) and no V trace :bulb:

Harry Monk:

Yes, it can normally be seen when the wife wears a thong :wink:

Not just with truck driving but I’ve found if you are up to no good kepping quiet about it is the best way to go.

Not to mention doing that run you wouldn’t do it that way as running on the bang north of the border is suicide!

bigtruck:
Not to mention doing that run you wouldn’t do it that way as running on the bang north of the border is suicide!

And do you know something. I have never been pulled by VOSA North of the Border, every time I came past Beatock it was closed or they were simply not interested. I cant remember being stopped by the Polis since they lifted the speed limit on the A74.

Answered my own question!

Mr B:
I was chatting to a guy yesterday who was bragging he’d be leaving bellshill running down to keele where he’d put his card in. Go down to enfield then run back.
There’s no point in judging the legality but why would anyone brag to a stranger when his company name is on side of truck not to mention his reg no?

Because he’s a ■■■■-head who thinks that bragging about doing something like that makes him look the big man :unamused:

He’s probably not doing what he says, on the other hand if he’s dumb enough to think he can look big with such a brag he might be dumb enough to do it :unamused:

tachograph:

Mr B:

Because he’s a ■■■■-head who thinks that bragging about doing something like that makes him look the big man :unamused:

He’s probably not doing what he says, on the other hand if he’s dumb enough to think he can look big with such a brag he might be dumb enough to do it :unamused:

And I would not be in least surprised that he drives a Scania !!! .

There are some guys on this company who do very stupid things like doing a trip that should take two days in one hit by logging out of elog … They just don’t realise that nothing goes amiss ! … “How do you explain the extra miles driver ?”
“Errrr ?”
“How do you explain an average speed of 75 mph on a route that has 150 miles of Vermont 50 mph limits driver ?”
“Errrr ?”
Then there is the fact that you are driving through EZPass tolls when you are supposed to be off duty !

Back in the UK I have one friend who I know runs bent, I like the guy but eventually he will be caught because it matters not what you disconect, eventually some sharp eyed VOSA official will notice the miles you have covered that are not logged.

I don’t know what the penalty is in the UK but over here falsifying a log can bring you a $2750.00 fine and a 2 year driving ban and if God forbid some unsuspecting person hits your truck whilst you are driving logged off then off to the nick you go for a few years and then your bum gets very sore.

Mind you I suspect from all the trucks in country rest areas at night a lot of guys won’t mind that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

aye pat …that was the first thing my trainer said when we went south…if you have an accident even if its not your fault and they find something way back in the logbook.
you better start limbering up cause youre touching your toes for along time,well not quite the same words he used.
jimmy

Second rule of running bent, don’t hide anything!

:sunglasses:

Since I’ve been driving ive only been stop by vosa once and my infrequent infringements didn’t bother him at all so the chances are you’d get away with it right up to the point where the handcuffs snap shut. But the first rule must always apply

Iv only ever been pulled by our VOSA friends once. I was in a Walkers scania, He wasnt interested in my very minor infringements, which were not in any quantity anyhow. He was keeping a keen eye on the workings of the truck, and that the windscreen area was clear. What I have been told is that where they can see that you are taking proper rest, proper breaks and sticking to the rules most of the time, they aren’t too worried. We all have ■■■■ ups - and given the state of the roads, the British Authorites know that, and most of the time give us a wide berth. Its our not so friendly foreign cousins who take the ■■■■ - both the drivers, and the authorities who seem keen to penalise us no matter what.