Runaway Container Logistics?!

Just a little warning to all you box men who have the “pleasure” of visiting Runaway…sorry Roadway Containers In Leeds.Try if possible to park up in the bays to the right after coming through the main gate as parking on the left you run the risk of returning to your motor to find a driverless vehicle (with no handbrake on) embedded into the front of your nice shiny steed!!You will probably find the “driver” of the driverless vehicle in the nearby canteen.He will probably be the one in the dark blue uniform.(must be bloody good food in there to leave the vehicle in such a hurry!!!)sorry im being sarrcy now!!!No one died,it was only metal and plastic that can be fixed.Just something to think about if youre in there regular as its not the first time its happened apparently.

All vehicles should have warning devices as this happens everywhere.

Count your blessings you were not in its path with your back to it.

A driver would get the bullet for this surely.

which depot was this at then :question: :question: :question:

i must admit i did this once but jumped baqck in just in time. :blush:

errrrr…Leeds■■?

TC

its easily done, i’ve done it :open_mouth: :blush: :blush:

went from a scanny with handbrake alarm to a volvo without. i jumped put walked to the garage. before i opened the door to the garage there was lots of shouting. turned to see it rolling. got to the door just as it slammed into the side of a topliner :blush: :blush: .

very very cautious now about it and check on numerious occasions before getting out the cab :open_mouth: . kept my job and handbrake alarms fitted now :smiley:

My biggest nightmare is on the train. I must check my handbrake 3 or 4 times, but as you pull up, you have literally seconds to stop, grab your wallet, put the tacho on rest, lock the doors and take your jacket onto the bus.

It is always at the back of my mind, did I put the handbrake on? :stuck_out_tongue:

The_Catman:
errrrr…Leeds■■?

TC

pmsl
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

didnt see that bit :blush: :blush: :blush:

Wheel Nut:
My biggest nightmare is on the train. I must check my handbrake 3 or 4 times, but as you pull up, you have literally seconds to stop, grab your wallet, put the tacho on rest, lock the doors and take your jacket onto the bus.

It is always at the back of my mind, did I put the handbrake on? :stuck_out_tongue:

my dad did it on a ferry and all that was on the deck was his lorry and a caravan. half way through the sailing he got called to the deck and there was the lorry stuck into the caravan.

Arent handbrake alarms standard on HGVs?
i have one on my DAF 7.5 thats goes mental if you open the door without applying the handbrake.
Havent there been a few cases recently of accidents due to handbrakes not being applied?

Grasshopper:
Arent handbrake alarms standard on HGVs?
i have one on my DAF 7.5 thats goes mental if you open the door without applying the handbrake.
Havent there been a few cases recently of accidents due to handbrakes not being applied?

Yes. If my memory serves me corectly, Carters had a fine a couple of years ago when a driver at Tilbury was killed by his truck moving away whilst he was doing something to the trailer, he tried to get back in the cab and didnt make it.

Nasty.

Some body was telling me about that the other day. Never had any bother , except trying to find a parking space. You could always park by the office at least its flat and you won’t have to walk up.

thought the walk would do me good!it did but the gobstopper took a hammering!!!about 2 and a half grands worth!!!