Run fat boy run

i parked at cambridge services on wednesday night.
05.40 thursday morning i’m up getting dressed when theres this horrible scraping sound and my truck feels like it just been lifted by a crane, i’m out the door and got my clacks on and running up the lorry park shouting at the bulmers logistics driver to stop.
i managed to catch him and he came back, gave me his details and those of his company, tells me he didn’t realise he’d hit me and i then sit about a few hours waiting for scania to bring me out a complete set of mirrors and arms, for the passenger side. the rest of the damage will get fixed at some other time, front grill, nearside air vent, nearside door, nearly took my bloody door handle off too and he didn’t know he did it?
had it been me i would have turned the opposite way because of the car transporter sticking out 3 feet further than everyone else straight opposite me - stopping me from getting out far enough.
the bays are far too tight in that place and the middle of the park isn’t wide enough, they should review the parking and angle the bays to make things easier, the barrier should be raised permanently so you can enter or exit from either direction.

Nasty. Hope you get the damage sorted quick.

Big article on Bulmers in CM this week too. :laughing:

Yeah it is terrible for parking in there. I avoid the place at all costs. Far too tight.

But you could say that about loads of them. South Mimms can be a pig. Rugby, Corley services - I could go on :unamused: . Lorry parking is a bit of a token gesture these days. :cry:

Was in Cambridge a few months back. I was backing into a space, and the bloke in the Volvo artic opposite me hadn’t got thirty seconds to wait while I backed in so decided to pull out and turn sharp left to avoid hitting me. Unfortunately for him he forget there was a DAF four-wheeler, parked well back in the space next to him…BANG! :laughing:

seen a beauty of a smash yesterday morning at a truckstop in melbourne, a chap in an artic with contrainer on, think he was driving a long nose mack or something along those lines tried to manoeuvre out around a b double kenworth cabover, upon hearing an almighty smash and a crumple i turned to watch him pull the kenworth cab around at almost a 90 degree angle to its own trailers, then climbs out and scratches his head while the kenwood driver gets out of bed.

have to say, it really made me giggle, does that make me a bad person?

Won’t park on there for an overnight stay for that very reason in that the bays are way too tight.
When i have to park there for a 45 i dread walking back to the truck just in case somebody’s hit it and buggered off.

tells me he didn’t realise he’d hit me

Hmm, possible I spose but most unlikely. :unamused:

Did a changeover one day there about 3 months ago.

Parked up after dropping my trailer,and awaited the man I was changing over with.As I was sat there,one of out foreign cousins decided to exit his bay,alongside a guy who was asleep in his cab,with the curtains drawn.Johnny foreigner turns right,and takes the drivers side complete mirror unit with him.

I have never seen a door open so quick,as the guy who was asleep,was suddenly standing next to his battered Scania,in his undercrackers,as Johnny was walking back meekly to survey his indiscretion.

Ken.

05.40 thursday morning…
… running up the lorry park shouting at the bulmers logistics driver to stop.

Are you allowed to run at that speed in a lorry park at that time of the morning and make lots of noise (shouting) which might wake up other drivers :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i was in that very same place on wed too but didnt see it i think i only opened me curtains bout 0615, always miss the fun me, :frowning:

I hate that place to…never enough room between trucks to change a tyre.drivers always speeding about…and dont forget the people trying to sell dodgy generators and power tools…