Rugby World Cup

I’ve been enjoying the qauality of the games with some very good performances by several teams. Last night’s England South Africa game has probably topped the lot. After being written off before the tournament started England put in a game to be proud of . I just wish Farrell would think before he starts mouthing off to the referee. From the last three games I rate Joe Marler, Freddie Stewart, Jamie George, Ben Earl, Ellis Genge, Owen Farrell and Dan Cole.

Firstly hope.you got your message and sorry again. :blush: :smiley:

Gonna get my own back on all the non football fans here. :smiley:

Nah, got no interest in watching 26 blokes chasing a bag of wind around a rugby field. :sunglasses:

I feel cleansed :laughing:

Looking forward to Euro 24 btw. :smiley:

Ignore the ■■■■■■■■ heathen above ^^ if I wanted to watch 22 overpaid fairies crying when their Alice band became dislodged I’d go to the ballet.

Absolutely cracking game last night. I agree about Farrel and his mouth, you could argue that cost England the game. Overall though the English players can hold their heads high.

robroy:

Nah, got no interest in watching 26 blokes chasing a bag of wind around a rugby field. :sunglasses:

Sorry I’ll PM you.

Phillistine! If you’d been watching last week you’d have seen the difference between the character of the players of the two games.

Typical modern Football player: wears ridiculously long shorts because they are fashionable and keep his knees warm on a cold day Also known to wear gloves and a snood. Falls over, hoping for a free kick, in “absolute agony” clutching the wrong leg when opposition player’s slipstream disturbs his coiffure. NB female football players, like real “soccer” men of the past (Sir BC RIP) wear sensible length shorts (inspite of typical female reservations)

Rugby Player EG Marcus Smith 5’9" and 11 stone something gets headbutted in the face tackling larger opposition player. Gets up groggy with blood pouring from his nose & covering his shirt. Goes off for head injury assessment and comes back with clean shirt. Goes off again later after second incident and returns with head bandaged, a massive fat lip and another blood soaked shirt, carries on till end of game still tackling the big men.

Ok Joe Marler has a mohican, but then he got sent off 2 years ago for grabbing the Welsh Captains nuts

cav551:

robroy:

Sorry I’ll PM you.

Phillistine! If you’d been watching last week you’d have seen the difference between the character of the players of the two games.

Typical modern Football player: wears ridiculously long shorts because they are fashionable and keep his knees warm on a cold day Also known to wear gloves and a snood. Falls over, hoping for a free kick, in “absolute agony” clutching the wrong leg when opposition player’s slipstream disturbs his coiffure. NB female football players, like real “soccer” men of the past (Sir BC RIP) wear sensible length shorts (inspite of typical female reservations)

Rugby Player EG Marcus Smith 5’9" and 11 stone something gets headbutted in the face tackling larger opposition player. Gets up groggy with blood pouring from his nose & covering his shirt. Goes off for head injury assessment and comes back with clean shirt. Goes off again later after second incident and returns with head bandaged, a massive fat lip and another blood soaked shirt, carries on till end of game still tackling the big men.

Ok Joe Marler has a mohican, but then he got sent off 2 years ago for grabbing the Welsh Captains nuts

:laughing:
Ok but we’re never going to agree.
We always get the comparison of rugby players being hard men and footballers not, but it’s a bit like comparing dog fighting with professional boxing.
Football ain’t supposed to be a violent (term used loosely btw) a game as rugby, it’s a game of skill,.the going down is all part of the game to gain advantage.
It ain’t designed to be too physical in that way.

Comparing a skilful player the likes of Jack Grealish or Jude Bellingham with a big rugby player is like comparing a thoroughbred racehorse with a work horse.
Both good athletes in their own category, but a world of difference.

Anyway as I said, we’re never going to agree, each to his own…So enjoy the rest of the competition mate. :wink: