Rugby truckstop

the maoster:

DonutUK:
If they were packed every night…why did they close?

Perhaps the so called managers in their flash company cars and their sharp suits thought that the gravy train would never end so therefore took an unsustainable wage and dividend out of the business.

Maybe, who knows.

If Stobbies have taken over Rugby, it can only be a good thing - can’t it?

Well, I’ve stayed there many a time and found the food to be fine - certainly never made me ill. Don’t like the sound of these developments though.

Dave55:

You don’t think they want it for the land, the building and more importantly a 250 truck parking spaces now that Sainsbury’s has taken control of the land next to where stobarts is ?

BUMP

Has anyone been in and checked out the receipts since they re-opened after Christmas ? Or is there any more information to hand yet ?

Kerbdog:

Dave55:

You don’t think they want it for the land, the building and more importantly a 250 truck parking spaces now that Sainsbury’s has taken control of the land next to where stobarts is ?

Good point actually.
I’ve often wondered why some Stobbies park in laybys around Crick/Lutterworth when they have a secure base down the road?
Slightly of topic,sorry.

coz you have to drop your trailer…and then you`ll be hanging around in the morning,waiting for an empty

Dave55:

Kerbdog:

Dave55:

Good point actually.
I’ve often wondered why some Stobbies park in laybys around Crick/Lutterworth when they have a secure base down the road?
Slightly of topic,sorry.

because not space at the Crick .if drivers back to Stobart (Crick) after 9 pm or at the weekend struguly found place parked trailers and units.this place ready to small to Stobart

Stobarts are running on borrowed time, the fall backs and financial peculiarities will consume them.

will the price of tea at rugby truck stop come down if its taken over

villa:
will the price of tea at rugby truck stop come down if its taken over

the staffs wages will, not sure about the tea tho :smiley:

Wouldn’t have thought shutting rugby would be on the cards. They’ve just put a new parking area in.

They probably done that before any interest in buying the company was shown.

Hi all sorry to drag this up Chaps

While doing my day last week not truck driving but a Fleet Engineer, I needed somthing for breakfast and was passing the truckstop. So I thought let nip in and eat, food was good and the price was ok.

The odd thing was I counted 14 Stobart Driver all sat on there own and not talking to any of the others?

Even when other S/Bs walked in not a one of them said hello mate how are you and what you up-to.

I guss they dont like each other Lol :laughing:

Cheers Welly

I noticed that too.Stobart drivers ignored all their fellow drivers.
I have seen this at the Rdc’s and other places they go to and at road side stops.

toby1234abc:
I noticed that too.Stobart drivers ignored all their fellow drivers.
I have seen this at the Rdc’s and other places they go to and at road side stops.

If you watch them on M/Ways you dont often see them Flash or even wave at each other. Must be soming trained into to them Lol.

Cheers Welly

im like that with the company i work at (DHL)