RTD

Apparently I got these wrong!?
15m first 6h, another 15m before 9h and another 15m if working over 9h is the way I see the regs

45 fella after 9hrs. Im near sure

Breaks and rest periods
Article 5 (1) of the RTD provides that mobile workers should “in no circumstances” work for more than six consecutive hours without a break. The break should be at least 30 minutes if working hours total between six and nine hours and at least 45 minutes if working hours total more than nine hours. These breaks can be subdivided into periods of at least 15 minutes 32 2002/15/EC Article 3 (a)
33 2002/15/EC Article 3 (b)
34 2002/15/EC Article 3 (c)
35 Business Link website, Hours, rest breaks and the working week [on 18 September 2009]
each. The EU drivers’ hours rules contain more specific rules on breaks from driving (eg a break of at least 45 minutes after four and a half hours’ driving).
The EU drivers’ hours rules contain provisions on rest times (eg a daily rest period of at least 11 consecutive hours in each 24 hour period). Article 6 of the RTD ensures that these rest periods apply to apprentices and trainees

I’ve always said that you have 15 before 6hrs . 15 before 9hrs and if you go over 9 you need another 15 before the end of duty .

Don’t worry about getting the last question right, it’s not possible as there isn’t a zero option.

Your first is right though.

Where were these questions asked ?

wheelyb:

Apparently I got these wrong!?
15m first 6h, another 15m before 9h and another 15m if working over 9h is the way I see the regs

There is no rule for 9 hours if working over 9

Who set that test? - I assume it was an agency and if so which one?

As said there is no correct option given for question 7, if you’re working time is going to be over 9 hours the only break you legally need before reaching the 9 hour point is for the 6 hour rule.

I’d rather not say who it’s with coz I’m now full time but it’s a well known (disliked) haulage firm, just to see how much we knew.

wheelyb:
I’d rather not say who it’s with coz I’m now full time but it’s a well known (disliked) haulage firm, just to see how much we knew.

Perhaps when you leave you could let us know

wheelyb:

That’s OK just don’t let them discipline you for it if you happen to fall foul of these fabricated laws. On one hand they’re quite within their rights to state it as company policy but the only real reason they do that is because of their misinterpretation of the law.

We get 3 points for breaking the 9 hour rule (12 in a month and you’re in the office) and I was ever so close to doing it yesterday and part of me wanted to break it just to argue the toss but it will fall on deaf ears at our place as I’ve tried arguing the 6 hour rule to no avail.

Terry T:

wheelyb:

That’s OK just don’t let them discipline you for it if you happen to fall foul of these fabricated laws. On one hand they’re quite within their rights to state it as company policy but the only real reason they do that is because of their misinterpretation of the law.

We get 3 points for breaking the 9 hour rule (12 in a month and you’re in the office) and I was ever so close to doing it yesterday and part of me wanted to break it just to argue the toss but it will fall on deaf ears at our place as I’ve tried arguing the 6 hour rule to no avail.

it could just be a company thing …Co-op do that

Has to be a company thing, sure isn’t a legal thing. I’m sure they think it is though. Think about it, he’s a new employee, how is he supposed to answer a question on company policy about a company he’s never worked for.