RTD

would we as drivers be better off if it was scrapped? we already have drivers hours regulations so the RTD just complicates things and serves no real benefit to anyone in my view. its just more bureaucracy. opinions?

I voted yes as they could just add to the tacho regs -
A driver must not work more than 6 hours of combined driving & other work without taking a minimum 15 min break.

All the other restrictions on driving/working are covered by the tacho daily & weeekly rest requirements.

i thought it was 30 min break min under the six hour rule

polo:
i thought it was 30 min break min under the six hour rule

Many make that error :wink: - A driver must not go over 6 hours without a break - each break must be of at least 15 mins.
If the total shift work hours (not including breaks or POA) is between 6 and 9 hours then a TOTAL of 30 mins must be taken - that can be in 2 X 15 min breaks - it is that 30 mins that get many confused :slight_smile:

and what happens if he does go over 6hours without a break?

I have voted no cos if you work on the EU driving regs only you could in fact work more hours

under WTD you can work an average of 48 hours per week and that does not include POA and breaks

in you did not have WTD you would be able to work between an average of 70 hours a week and that does not include POA and breaks

or and the POA is part of the WTD so if you did not have it you could loose POA if you use it

so WTD as it benefits

or and there is one very important think you must consider quality of life if you want one

well that’s my opinion

joedwyer1:

TBH - not a lot - the company gets done more according to the GURUs on here and they know more than me :smiley:

This is another reason that it should be scrapped and a 6 hour limit put into the tacho regs as I said in my first post on here.

Del, I can see your point about it allowing drivers to work more hours (not sure how many) but it is still up to the driver if they want to do them - give them a CHOICE :slight_smile:

ROG:
Del, I can see your point about it allowing drivers to work more hours (not sure how many) but it is still up to the driver if they want to do them - give them a CHOICE :slight_smile:

Rog
i said no to the question, and if you only work to the EU regs you would work more hours

delboytwo:
I have voted no cos if you work on the EU driving regs only you could in fact work more hours

joedwyer1:

Most likely nothing or at most a bit of education as to were the driver is going wrong…

I voted makes no difference because I don’t think it does.

delboytwo:

delboytwo:
Rog
i said no to the question, and if you only work to the EU regs you would work more hours

I know you did which is why I wrote -
Del, I can see your point about it allowing drivers to work more hours (not sure how many) but it is still up to the driver if they want to do them - give them a CHOICE

your point about it was referring to your decision on not scrapping it which would allow more work hours and also why I said (not sure how many) :wink: :smiley:

I voted “Yes”, but to be honest the Europrats who dream up this crap would only find something else to do with their time which may be far worse and even more pointless than the the WTD for road transport :unamused:

scanny77:
would we as drivers be better off if it was scrapped? we already have drivers hours regulations so the RTD just complicates things and serves no real benefit to anyone in my view. its just more bureaucracy. opinions?

You havn’t thought this through properly, or maybe you have and i’m missing the point .The EU have introduced the WTD for the benefit of all its member states, so unless you can get out of it (the EU) then there’s no way they are going to drop it for lorry drivers. That being said, i think the RTWTD for us mobile workers is legal boffins work at its finest :smiley:
You can only average 48 hours work per week but can actually get paid for an average of 60/70 whatever hours per week whilst at work, go figure !! Pure genious.
So yeah i’d love to scrap it and stick to the same one as everyone else :smiley:

ROG:

delboytwo:

delboytwo:
Rog

I know you did which is why I wrote -
Del, I can see your point about it allowing drivers to work more hours (not sure how many) but it is still up to the driver if they want to do them - give them a CHOICE

your point about it was referring to your decision on not scrapping it which would allow more work hours and also why I said (not sure how many) :wink: :smiley:

ok mate get what you said please except my sorry :blush:

Mike-C:

scanny77:

You havn’t thought this through properly, or maybe you have and i’m missing the point .The EU have introduced the WTD for the benefit of all its member states, so unless you can get out of it (the EU) then there’s no way they are going to drop it for lorry drivers.

you are absolutely right Mike but bear in mind that i am involved in a political party that wants us out of the EU :smiley:
im trying to get on the transport committee now but with things like this, i want a general consensus from drivers rather than making the decision myself. it affects us all and its my belief that we have an entitlement to an opinion. i dont think i am alone in thinking that we are the ones who suffer from endless red tape and i am not about to inflict any more on drivers without at least a fair few having a say in the matter. whether i get 10, 50 or 100 responses, its fairer than me making the decision myself on behalf of all drivers. that is the whole point of this post :wink: