RRS @ Wakefield

Anybody got a scoobie doo about this lot,

They are advertising on a well known website, and, seem to have more work than Norbert Stobart !!!

They are loading everything you can shake a stick at trailer wise + offering every type of work available ; International / Containers / Traction / ect

The geezer putting his name to the claims is ; Nigel Callaghan.

I might be wrong [I normally am], but, it seems too much too soon to me, they have not been around that long, from what I can see.

If I am wrong, he could be hearing from me on Tuesday.

well lets put it this way. trying credit refererencing them and see what you get. i will tell you now. a big dont touch em with a ten foot bargepole. thats with experian,dunn+bradstreet and others.

How do companies, which do not have proverbial pot to ■■■■ in, get the work.

A lot of the “blue chip” companies want to know what your turnover is, who your other customers are, how much profit you are making ect., + bank references + insurance details, AND they check your credit references.

This lot have at least one “major” supermarket as a customer, who are depending on RRS to supply traction at all their depots.

From what I can see, RRS are part of a bigger outfit, which includes an agency supplying drivers / warehouse staff ect.

It still does not make it a house built on stone, to me though.

Experian here I come !!!

not as easy as you might think to get a credit check on a company and in turn very easy for said company to hide the fact they’re bad payers.
as for the work, i could spend a week on the phone and then advertise as much work as you like, the works not mine but if i can find someone daft enough to do it at the rate i’m gona offer, i can make a few bob on every load and then pay the subbies when it suits me, if at all!
unless i know someone who worked for a firm and can vouch they’re ok for paying, i don’t touch em, far to many chancers about to risk doing anything else.

I must admit, we tend to ask for references from present subbies, who have been on for more than six months or more, they will tell it like it really is.

Anybody working for RRS in the last six months will have been paid [or not], but, nothing un-toward seems to be mentioned anywhere.

I have had a PM from Brian [r slicker] giving me the lowdown on them, I think a little more homework needs to be done from my end, but, it does not seem a good idea to jump in at present…

dont touch them :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: trust me… that nigel as left now! and the website you refer to as gone quiet from rrs! but a new company as popped up… keep an eye out and you will see who… exactly same as what rrs did when they posted up loads of work