Royal Mail

Does Royal Mail use agency drivers around Christmas time?

Manpower agy.

Radar19:
Does Royal Mail use agency drivers around Christmas time?

Yes, I think Manpower supply a lot of their drivers.

Depends where in the country you are. The Manpower monolopy has been ended so there are a couple of different agencies supply each site.

Pertemps/Manpower There’s never enough drivers to meet demand from within, so the agency subs the work out to other agencies, which is why I’ve found myself working flat out there these last couple of Christmas periods. starting in November.

It’s not going to happen this year though, because I’m fed up with being dropped in January before I qualify for Parity Pay.

If I’m not doing at least one shift a week there by the end of September, with the driver shortage and all, then it’ll be odd shifts that suit me over Christmas and that’s it. No more full weeks.

Winseer:
Pertemps/Manpower There’s never enough drivers to meet demand from within, so the agency subs the work out to other agencies, which is why I’ve found myself working flat out there these last couple of Christmas periods. starting in November.

It’s not going to happen this year though, because I’m fed up with being dropped in January before I qualify for Parity Pay.

If I’m not doing at least one shift a week there by the end of September, with the driver shortage and all, then it’ll be odd shifts that suit me over Christmas and that’s it. No more full weeks.

What sort of work was it you were doing?

Either rigid work out of Medway Mail Centre, or Artic work out of Rochester SEDC.
You typically get paid more for the artic work, which is “mop up dispatches/collections” in hired units and trailers.
The rigid work is taking york containers of mail from office to office, and the shift times are all over the place. Should be something for everybody in other words.

RM drivers are exempt from wearing a seat belt.The amount of them i see with no belt on is staggering.Artic drivers mainly.

toby1234abc:
RM drivers are exempt from wearing a seat belt.The amount of them i see with no belt on is staggering.Artic drivers mainly.

Their exempt from speed limits too :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

and exeMpt from DCPC :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The speed limit exemption is ■■■■■■■■,I had to give H.M. £60.00 for driving one of her 7.5.tonners at 60 mph after the dual ended and became a single carriageway.Its easy work if you can get in there.