Royal Mail

Has anybody on this forum had dealings or drive for the Royal Mail driving C+E artics? Just wondering how you get on or if any work/jobs available go through a Agency?? or is it dead mans shoes to get on?? :open_mouth:

Manpower does that i think
Did for few years for them.Very tight with Timing.
When back other Trailer and go.If you dont needed Break you hadnt Time for a cuppa

Exeter is recruiting direct. rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmai … &newlang=1

It may be worth finding contact details for your local VOC as I notice you are ‘oop north’ :wink:

Pertemps have taken over the Manpower contract at Greenford, Hatfield and Park Royal, down saarf.

As dar1976 says, as you’re oop north, you’ll need to check locally.

I work shifts out of Park Royal, which is one of the busiest distribution centres in the country, so it can be a challenge at Easter and Christmas.

The pay with Pertemps is fairly miserable - no secret, we’ve all raised it with the agency. It goes as low as £8.00 per hour on class II for days, but once AWR rates kick in after 12 weeks, the money and conditions are good. Nights and artics obviously attract a better rate - you will need to ask about the local pay scales.

There are problems, as with any large company, but the vehicles (various flavours of DAFs for RM’s own fleet, random if they hire in for busy periods) are well maintained, the duties, although tight for time (particular for loading double trailers: 49 x 2 Yorks) are fairly well thought out and I have a good contact at the agency, who is professional and helpful.

I have also found the permanent RM staff good to deal with and knowledgeable.

I really enjoy my shifts there. :slight_smile:

Staff at the various distribution centres have their own way of doing things, so you need to be flexible and remember the procedures for that particular DC or RDC, when you’re told them, but it’s pretty straight forward and people are generally friendly and helpful.

I hope this is useful for you.