Royal Mail

LGV C+E Driver
Pertemps Birmingham Industrial - Atherstone
£15.62 - £16.22 an hour
Pertemps are currently recruiting for 30 x LGV C+E Drivers to work for Royal Mail based in Atherstone. Pertemps are seeking experienced Class 1 drivers to work…

Anyone know what it’s like doing Royal Mail Atherstone?

Decent job for the next 5 weeks then come January it will “sorry there’s no work”. I wouldn’t quit what I’m doing to go and do it anyway without some reassurance that the work will last significantly longer than up to Xmas.

Its what it is, its the Christmas rush…come Christmas eve, it`s see you next year :wink:

I was on the 7.5. tonners a few years ago. Its well paid easy work ,it just might lead to a foot in the door but dont rely on it.

Surprise, surprise, the ad doesn’t tell the whole truth. At Royal Mail you will have to do 12 weeks at ‘agency rates’ which I believe are £10.50 days, £12.50 nights, and £12.50 overtime after 8 hours. You then go onto the above rates - about mid February then! :stuck_out_tongue:

Stanley Knife:
Surprise, surprise, the ad doesn’t tell the whole truth. At Royal Mail you will have to do 12 weeks at ‘agency rates’ which I believe are £10.50 days, £12.50 nights, and £12.50 overtime after 8 hours. You then go onto the above rates - about mid February then! :stuck_out_tongue:

Always amazes me the depths agency’s will go to in order to lure drivers out of a full time job to do agency work whilst not giving the full picture… I still have the t shirt somewhere

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If any one is dumb enough to leave full time employment then they deserve all that comes their way.

Stanley Knife:

Aldi do that. Three months on agency rate. And they keep your hours down.

Stanley Knife:

Yes, indeed. I’ve fallen foul of that, and that’s with me having previously been in there as a full timer too.! :blush:

Parity Pay - only after 12 continuous weeks.
There’s only six weeks tops to be had at Christmas.

The headline rate isn’t achievable then.

A bit like

Rates of Pay:
£7.50ph for the first 40 hours
£8.50ph for the next 20 hours
£48.00ph for all hours after that.

*T&Cs Apply.

*We don’t pay any wages to drivers running bent.

the nodding donkey:

Stanley Knife:

Aldi do that. Three months on agency rate. And they keep your hours down.

F&W will give you 12+ hours planned for “right through” agency rates, but will cut you off dead at 9 hours if you are on “overtime after 8 hours” rate with another agency into the same depot, as I found out the hard way.
Thus, “overtime rate” isn’t achievable yet again. :angry:

I started on agency at RM last Nov (2015) & I’m still there now averaging 3/4 shifts a week through Pertemps. No complaints.

Aim for the depots that are there all year round. The Christmas depots are temporary outhouses.

Look at the duty number when you are working there: If it’s something like XNDC04 - it’s gone in January. If it’s NDC604 on the other hand, it’s setting up nicely for a permanent night run throughout the year. :wink:

“X” duties are the Christmas duties then.

Winseer:

Stanley Knife:

Yes, indeed. I’ve fallen foul of that, and that’s with me having previously been in there as a full timer too.! :blush:

A bit like

Rates of Pay:

*T&Cs Apply.

Really?

You worked at Royal Mail?

Surprised you’ve never mentioned it before.

This is at the old BHS yard in Atherstone until end of year. Temporary depot for Royal Mail for Xmas peak

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Own Account Driver:

Winseer:

Stanley Knife:

A bit like

Rates of Pay:

*T&Cs Apply.

Really?

You worked at Royal Mail?

Surprised you’ve never mentioned it before.

This is a parody of the T&Cs operating between agency and RM. Which part were you struggling with here?
I was full time at RM, but couldn’t get one of the 5 from 7 agency contracts to save my life - Manpower or Pertemps.
I only got “Subbie” work, getting in there because the first choice agency had done a no-show. That kind of work is “standby” basis though, and never leads to regular work even one week to the next, let alone 12 weeks solid. :frowning:

The last time I got booked for a shift was 2 years ago, at which point it was me who did the no show - and naturally I wasn’t asked again.

“Nice work if you can get it” essentially. I never realized how unpopular I was there until after I quit full time - but that paradoxically proves that “cut and run” was exactly the right decision for me to make all the way back in 2010. :wink: