Royal mail to strike 4th November

Who would go in if you were an agency driver
I for one wouldn’t

why not? correct me if I am wrong but aren’t the same people who are striking against cuts the same ones who gladly accepted their free shares.

Depends ! If i needed the money, i would do it, have done it in the past, and its a long time since i was called a scab, but water runs off of my back quite easily when theres a pound to be earned, and theyre not getting paid. On saying that, i dont need the money, but a local agency to me are advertising for class1 to do trailer swaps @ £16 per hour. thats hard to turn down, and its for the local royal mail depot.

098Joe:
why not? correct me if I am wrong but aren’t the same people who are striking against cuts the same ones who gladly accepted their free shares.

I know a fella (agency) that worked in the last strike and was dissposed of when the dispute ended as the management didn’t want him around as there would have been friction when the posties returned to work. The agency drivers that went out with the posties kept their jobs.

I’m mates with a couple of posties who work on the delivery side and they would rather keep their terms and conditions than have a couple of grands worth of free shares which they can’t sell for four years. The new starters at their office are on part time contracts that aren’t worth a light. Of course in a few years time when the Royal Mail is owned by a foreign company all the supporters of the privitisation will be moaning about the ever increasing cost and the poor standard of service just like Gas, Electricity, Water and the Railways :unamused:

braw wee day off for me :slight_smile: