Royal mail security

Red Squirrel:

Lovlyperson:
I always send a Fruit cake oversea when they do stupid :exclamation:

The real fruitcakes are those who think it is ok to discuss things about the royal mail’s security arrangements on an open internet forum.

NO. This is not an appropriate subject for an internet discussion.

NO. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES GIVE AWAY ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION. THE INTERNET IS NOT ANONYMOUS!

The OP may be fishing. He may be ignorant, but be under no illusions and be assured that this is NOT hysteria:

This IS a matter of national security, DON’T GET CAUGHT UP IN IT!!!

Blimey, chill out mate, you’ll give yourself a heart attack.

well it makes a change from the usual over zealous, and poinless, over bearing security, and health and safety issues.
which would you prefer?

Red Squirrel:

Lovlyperson:
I always send a Fruit cake oversea when they do stupid :exclamation:

The real fruitcakes are those who think it is ok to discuss things about the royal mail’s security arrangements on an open internet forum.

NO. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES GIVE AWAY ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION. THE INTERNET IS NOT ANONYMOUS!

The OP may be fishing. He may be ignorant, but be under no illusions and be assured that this is NOT hysteria:

Just because you’re not paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you!

skids:
I dont think thieving is the issue here more that somebody could put suspect parcels into the system. It would only need for a driver who visits regular to have sympathies to certain religions/ animal rights etc etc to pick up on what has been pointed out here.

It’s worse than he thinks - just around the corner from here is a completely open (well, not Saturday afternoons or Sundays) facility that allows anyone to put a parcel, suspect or otherwise, into the postal system - wicked subversives disguised as middle-aged ladies act as facilitators of this evil. There are also substantial cast iron ‘terriorist small package injection units’ on many local streets - painted red to indicate their obvious dangerousness. Some are marked ‘GR’ - a blatant display of anarchist support for the replacement of our current monarch and reinstatement of her predecessor.

Red Squirrel:

Oh hello there. Welcome to the internet. I see your new here, have you had your welcome pack yet?

Come on now. “Red Squirrel”? This is a wind up isn’t it?

wilbur:

skids:
I dont think thieving is the issue here more that somebody could put suspect parcels into the system. It would only need for a driver who visits regular to have sympathies to certain religions/ animal rights etc etc to pick up on what has been pointed out here.

It’s worse than he thinks - just around the corner from here is a completely open (well, not Saturday afternoons or Sundays) facility that allows anyone to put a parcel, suspect or otherwise, into the postal system - wicked subversives disguised as middle-aged ladies act as facilitators of this evil. There are also substantial cast iron ‘terriorist small package injection units’ on many local streets - painted red to indicate their obvious dangerousness. Some are marked ‘GR’ - a blatant display of anarchist support for the replacement of our current monarch and reinstatement of her predecessor.

Lol I accept the point your trying to make there wilbur! Post is put into a post box and is then checked/sorted at the depot. By having unhindered access to the depot you are bypassing that checking/sorting. Some places have a large amount of mail (such as goverment establishments) and as such will have a dedicated cage/bag so a parcel could be put in with no checks at all.

Loose lips sink ships! :laughing:
Now I think about it! We should be on Danger money!
Have you been to Greenford Mail centre? :open_mouth:

Glad to hear my post is being well looked after :wink:

My aunt sent me a birthday card through the post with twenty quid in the card. Guess what? Never got the card! So I am just going to assume one of the warehouse staff had a nice ■■■■ up on the weekend paid for with my birthday spends :laughing: :smiling_imp: :imp:

Certainly made me think twice about sending anything valuable via Royal mail…Royal isn’t so royal!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

selby newcomer:
…or lack of it.
anyone work for royal mail on here■■?

we been doin backloads for royal mail this week and i am well shocked at the lack of security, i finished my 1st job monday and got a phone call cancelling my 2nd job and to go to a royal mail out house centre and collect a load to bring back with me, was given an address and a reference number. get to the place, drive straight through the open gate, into reception and explain why i am there, asked for no id or anything, told to go on bay 2. on bay and sitting in cab, get a knock on door and get told the way into the warehouse is over there, head in after i put my boots back on, trolley loads of post everywhere, asked to help load trolleys, no prob, after about 30 of them put on, i ask for paper work, told i dont need any, ask is trailer being sealed, no i am told.

get to my destination, massive sorting office, again not asked for id, not asked for paperwork, given a royal mail hi-viz jacket and told bay number and how to get in warehouse, agiain doors are open, walk straight in, few lads help me unload and thats it.

i know a fella who drives for royal mail and he had a crb check to drive for them

so if you dont get your xmas cards, you know why (i aint nicked them :laughing: )

I have quoted you to stop the thread being deleted or altered.

The Royal Mail is a joke, apart from the standard of driving I mean. I did a regular express load from Nantes to the UK, it always consisted of 3 drops. Tilbury, London and Droitwich with timed deliveries. Tilbury was spot on, they would even pull another trailer off the bay to get you on if you were early. The next was Royal Mail in East London, there was no security in the gatehouse, they were wandering about nitpicking or in the canteen. The first time I waited by the gatehouse, but was told to go straight onto a bay by a departing driver. When I did this I was allowed to wander around the warehouse where I liked, no one challenged me and I didn’t even have a yellow vest on. Eventually when I did find someone to acknowledge me, they told me to pull the roll cages off myself. I refused for two reasons, one that they were on pallets and the second is that I don’t work for you.

I had one hell of a job to get my CMR signed and in fact we were later instructed to sign them ourselves. It turned a fairly easy days work into a bloody nightmare with their attitude and laziness.

Just to balance the Royal Mail up with DHL, when I worked there, I had to undergo a search every night on my way into the hub, because my hip is metal, it set the alarms off and had to have a rub down each night. I suspected the airport Securicor guard was gay as he seemed to enjoy it :open_mouth:

DHL didn’t care about you nicking anything, they just didn’t want you placing any explosives on the planes, that really surprised me that they then employed through an agency dozens of dubious foreign characters with no security checks, and most of them wore white robes off duty :imp:

Wheel Nut:

selby newcomer:
…or lack of it.
anyone work for royal mail on here■■?

we been doin backloads for royal mail this week and i am well shocked at the lack of security, i finished my 1st job monday and got a phone call cancelling my 2nd job and to go to a royal mail out house centre and collect a load to bring back with me, was given an address and a reference number. get to the place, drive straight through the open gate, into reception and explain why i am there, asked for no id or anything, told to go on bay 2. on bay and sitting in cab, get a knock on door and get told the way into the warehouse is over there, head in after i put my boots back on, trolley loads of post everywhere, asked to help load trolleys, no prob, after about 30 of them put on, i ask for paper work, told i dont need any, ask is trailer being sealed, no i am told.

get to my destination, massive sorting office, again not asked for id, not asked for paperwork, given a royal mail hi-viz jacket and told bay number and how to get in warehouse, agiain doors are open, walk straight in, few lads help me unload and thats it.

i know a fella who drives for royal mail and he had a crb check to drive for them

so if you dont get your xmas cards, you know why (i aint nicked them :laughing: )

I have quoted you to stop the thread being deleted or altered.

The Royal Mail is a joke, apart from the standard of driving I mean. I did a regular express load from Nantes to the UK, it always consisted of 3 drops. Tilbury, London and Droitwich with timed deliveries. Tilbury was spot on, they would even pull another trailer off the bay to get you on if you were early. The next was Royal Mail in East London, there was no security in the gatehouse, they were wandering about nitpicking or in the canteen. The first time I waited by the gatehouse, but was told to go straight onto a bay by a departing driver. When I did this I was allowed to wander around the warehouse where I liked, no one challenged me and I didn’t even have a yellow vest on. Eventually when I did find someone to acknowledge me, they told me to pull the roll cages off myself. I refused for two reasons, one that they were on pallets and the second is that I don’t work for you.

I had one hell of a job to get my CMR signed and in fact we were later instructed to sign them ourselves. It turned a fairly easy days work into a bloody nightmare with their attitude and laziness.

Just to balance the Royal Mail up with DHL, when I worked there, I had to undergo a search every night on my way into the hub, because my hip is metal, it set the alarms off and had to have a rub down each night. I suspected the airport Securicor guard was gay as he seemed to enjoy it :open_mouth:

DHL didn’t care about you nicking anything, they just didn’t want you placing any explosives on the planes, that really surprised me that they then employed through an agency dozens of dubious foreign characters with no security checks, and most of them wore white robes off duty :imp:

No Hi-viz? Its a miracle your still with us :open_mouth: were you not involved in any accidents?

jonnytruckfest:
My aunt sent me a birthday card through the post with twenty quid in the card. Guess what? Never got the card! So I am just going to assume one of the warehouse staff had a nice ■■■■ up on the weekend paid for with my birthday spends :laughing: :smiling_imp: :imp:

Certainly made me think twice about sending anything valuable via Royal mail…Royal isn’t so royal!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Can you ask auntie to up your pressie to 40 quid…beer is just so expensive nowadays!!!
Cheers
Postman Pat

Red Squirrel:

selby newcomer:
What have I put that’s so bad??

I am writing this one down for future reference.
There is nothing else which sums all this up so well.

No need to write it down, it will always be here on the Internet for you. You will be pleased to know I am on the royal mail job on Monday, oh I can’t wait, I might even secretly video the lack of security and put it on here just for you red squirrel

I dont like people slagging off the R.M. Where else can you earn £17.50 per hour while sleeping on a sofa provided by the firm?

skids:
No Hi-viz? Its a miracle your still with us :open_mouth: were you not involved in any accidents?

Ha ha, just reminded me on, I got all clever ■■■■ with a jobsworth postie at the local sorting office last week.
Was doing a job on one of their vans.
This postie started chewing me for no Hi Vis vest. I was wearing recovery troozers, 2 stripes round the bottoms of the legs.

“Where’s your hi-vis vest, I’ve told you before about it, you’ll have to leave site without one”
“What class do you have to adhere to on this site”
“What do you mean what class”
“I Mean you’ll be complying with British Standard EN471, but which class do you require”
“Dunno mate, you need a Hi-Vis vest or you’ll have to leave”
" See your Hi-Vis vest conforms to Class 1 of BS EN 471, My Troozers also conform to Class 1 BS EN 471"
“But you need a Hi Vis vest on”
“A Hi-Vis vest combined with these troozers would make me Class 2 of BS EN 471”
“Have you got a Hi Vis vest or not”
“Yes, but why do I need to be dressed to Class 2 when you’re only dressed to Class 1”
“I’m going to get the manager”
“You do that”.

I couldn’t help myself, having a wind-up with him, he was getting well agitated.
As soon as he went, I put my jacket on, he came back with a gaffer. Couldn’t help myself:
“There you go, Class 3, thats 2 up on your Hi-Vis vest”.
His gaffer just mumbled something to the postie and walked back inside.

cieranc:
“I Mean you’ll be complying with British Standard EN492, but which class do you require”

If he’d known what he was about, he would have asked you why you think wearing fibre-cement slate was going to help. (Was it raining?)

If you’re going to risk that game again, it would be safer to say EN471. (And are you really sure his jacket wasn’t class 2?)

But nice one anyway.

Time the Royal Mail was brought up to modern standards. Go to sorting office to collect a parcel you have to ring the bell twice, someone wanders out with a cuppa ■■■■■■ about looking for your parcel with 2 or 3 others milling about the background, compared to TNT or City Link (only 2 parcel companies I’ve been to) everybody’s running round like mad doing something, no one standing watching the growing que :imp:

D’oh, just been reading the compliance on winches with EN 14492. I do know my standards really :smiley:

An he was wearing a vest, not a jacket :laughing:

I was itching for him to say “You’ll get run over”, just so I could say " well there’s one vehicle here, and you’ve broke it, hence why I’m here in the first place".

But it wasn’t to be.

If an organisation offered me a contract role that last thing I would do is post negative comments on the internet . Are we in a postion to judge security ? There may be hidden cameras or other means of security that are not so obvious . I am sure the OP made his comments in good faith - sometimes caution should be exercised before posting