Royal mail hgv

Can anyone please tell me what it’s like working for royal mail as a hgv driver on the agency over the Christmas period, what are the average shift lengths and what’s the work continuity after christmas?
Thank you

Worked there years ago on agency and was a pretty good place to work. Think you would be dropped rather fast after Xmas tho.

Work up until xmas eve,join a job shop/dole queue on boxing day.

Remember…

As a driver on Royal Mail, you have the absolute right to ignore the posted speed limit where ever you are. Trust me, all of your colleagues do.

yourhavingalarf:
Remember…

As a driver on Royal Mail, you have the absolute right to ignore the posted speed limit where ever you are. Trust me, all of your colleagues do.

Totally agree with you there.

Anyone on here worked with ROYAL MAIL on the 7.5t?

r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht … are_type=t
Have a look at some previous threads using the search. Most is explained in the link above.
Chances of work after xmas depends on how well you get on over xmas and how many empty rotas there are to cover at that depot.

The only change to add to the above link is now the Network (class 2&1 work and distribution 7.5t work) have joined together to become ‘one logistics’ to try and streamline the operation to make it more efficient. It’s basically a way of reducing the amount of 7.5 vehicles and using more 18t while cutting back staff.

Oh, and grow a thick skin as any Royal Mail post on Trucknet brings out the usual poor driving standards brigade.

yourhavingalarf:
Remember…

Are you having a laugh?

Only RM drivers speed. Yeah right.

yourhavingalarf:
Remember…

Typical comment i would expect from a brain-dead…nugget of a HGV driver on this forum…

And that’s putting it politely…

postman pat:
Typical comment i would expect from a brain-dead…nugget of a HGV driver on this forum…

And that’s putting it politely…

That’s not a denial of my statement.

I work for Royal Mail, have a class 1 and still can’t manage to get a job driving for them

Tucker9037:
I work for Royal Mail, have a class 1 and still can’t manage to get a job driving for them

I have a class 1 and ex army, physically fit lad, can’t get a job posting letters though doors, been trying for almost 5 years now.

How do you get into royal mail?

tommymanc:

Tucker9037:

I have a class 1 and ex army, physically fit lad, can’t get a job posting letters though doors, been trying for almost 5 years now.

I’m also ex army Tommy. We’re abouts you from? Majority of employees are brought in now via manpower recruitment agency

Uncle Albie:

yourhavingalarf:
Remember…

Are you having a laugh?

RM, and tippers, oh and my Hermes always come flying past me on the motorway when I’m set at my limiter.

Rowley010:

Uncle Albie:

yourhavingalarf:
Remember…

Are you having a laugh?

RM, and tippers, oh and my Hermes always come flying past me on the motorway when I’m set at my limiter.

and Tuffnells!

carryfast-yeti:

Rowley010:

Uncle Albie:

yourhavingalarf:
Remember…

Are you having a laugh?

and Tuffnells!

Nothing passes the Big Green Parcel Machine
not even Irish Fridges :wink: :wink:

Tucker9037:
I’m also ex army Tommy. We’re abouts you from? Majority of employees are brought in now via manpower recruitment agency

South Manchester, I tried with the ManPower office in Stockport a few year back for the HGV never heard anything from them

tommymanc:

Tucker9037:

With difficulty now mate. Agency drivers went through a good run with being taken on on the HGV side but that door has closed now with Royal Mail career path being offered to employees.
A way in would be to get on the agency for indoor staff or delivery and if you get lucky a few get taken on but it’s normally on short hours. It could take a while then take a chance on the career path, as you have a class 1 already you will stand a better chance as they wont need to spend to train you up.

I believe RM also run a policy where the longest time served drivers get to pick their run and change it when they want to. So the newer drivers have to take what’s left over when the drivers above have picked the better runs that suit them at the time. Don’t know if that’s true, just what I’ve heard…

Evil8Beezle:
I believe RM also run a policy where the longest time served drivers get to pick their run and change it when they want to. So the newer drivers have to take what’s left over when the drivers above have picked the better runs that suit them at the time. Don’t know if that’s true, just what I’ve heard…

It doesn’t work quite like that. There is seniority which is used to pick jobs when there is a network review, so the longest serving person will get first pick and so on down the list. It is also used if a job becomes available at any time, the person with the most seniority from all the applicants for the job will get it. You can’t just chop and change at will.

Mr Bridger:

Evil8Beezle:

It doesn’t work quite like that. There is seniority which is used to pick jobs when there is a network review, so the longest serving person will get first pick and so on down the list. It is also used if a job becomes available at any time, the person with the most seniority from all the applicants for the job will get it. You can’t just chop and change at will.

OK cheers for setting that straight pal, as I said, it was just what I’d heard…