Royal mail greenford

Anyone know correct way in to royal mail greenford rockware avenue to avoid low bridges…

Coming from m25/ a40

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

There’s a bridge just before you turn right at the lights. Must be high enough for the k+n decker’s to get under.

The bridge I think you mean is about 15’6” is that the one you need to avoid ? If so I can’t help as I’ve only ever come off the A40 onto Greenford rd.

A40 turn right onto a312 then right onto whitten ave and right again into greenford rd then left into green park way

The bridge in Greenford Road is marked as 15’6" but Palletways deckers get under it many times a day!

Martin:
The bridge in Greenford Road is marked as 15’6" but Palletways deckers get under it many times a day!

It’s signed as…

A prohibition therefore, if he’s over 15’16" regardless of wether or not he clears it, he’s commited an offence by going under it.

Stupid rule I agree but it is what it is.

yourhavingalarf:

Martin:

It’s signed as…

A prohibition therefore, if he’s over 15’16" regardless of wether or not he clears it, he’s commited an offence by going under it.

Stupid rule I agree but it is what it is.

Only if the sign is round (yea, and white with a red border…)

drover:
A40 turn right onto a312 then right onto whitten ave and right again into greenford rd then left into green park way

Thanks mate! Drama over. I got there but only by luck as another RM driver seen my dilemma ( parked up at A312 roundabout! ) and guided me in!

Then I had another mission to find my way to Park Royal DC.

I’m not impressed with RM Isotrack sat navs! They tell you now’t :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Lennoxtown:

drover:

Thanks mate! Drama over. I got there but only by luck as another RM driver seen my dilemma ( parked up at A312 roundabout! ) and guided me in!

Cheers!

The Park Royal dc is a git to find as the entrance isn’t in the post code it’s been given . Strood in Kent is the same

Lennoxtown:

drover:

Cheers!

No worries mate.
Most depots have route maps by the way just ask transport or if they give you a 318 (folder with your duty details in) it should be in there. Yes the satnavs are complete crap just about everywhere you go…

RM have already worked it out. All vehicle movements controlled by CRS (Birmingham). Speak to RM and do as they say. That way the onus is on RM.

drover:

Lennoxtown:

drover:

Cheers!

No worries mate.
Most depots have route maps by the way just ask transport or if they give you a 318 (folder with your duty details in) it should be in there. Yes the satnavs are complete crap just about everywhere you go…

Oh, yes they gave me a route map about the size of a postage stamp… couldn’t bloody see anything useful - and wtf is it with
those sat navs Isotrak ( Co-Pilot I think! ) is it me or do they do ANYTHING other than show a visual representation of where you
are… They don’t show ( Or say! ) ‘Turn Left’ ‘Turn Right’ etc NOW’T! you can’t even scroll through the planned route as you would
with a normal sat nav or hear any voices from it… EXCEPT when you’ve gone down a restricted road and then it tell you, when you’ve
commited and it’s too bloody late! Lol :blush:

It may be time for me to finally buy a truck specific sat nav, but since I no longer drive HGV’s full time & only drive them about
two days per month ( I’ve been off HGV’s for the last 7 - 8 years! ) it hardly seemed worth the investment! Lol

Maybe I’m losing confidence as I felt under pressure today, which is strange, because as recent as 2003 - 2005 I was driving an old
style artic car transporter for Inchcape around the UK and into Central London daily with NO sat nav & nothing more than a bridge
map and a healthy dose of common sense, and it never bothered me!

Not to ‘blow my own trumpet’, but I always took comfort in the fact that I could ( and still can ) turn an artic ANYWHERE possible or reverse up any decent side road if I ever met an unexpected low bridge along the route! :smiley: - Reversing holds no fear anymore!

So can anyone recommend a particular truck nav to buy or avoid?